· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

Default Marty's Stock Rod Build

4 Not allowed!
    Starting this thread for those who may be interested and something a bit different.

Having raced on the oval for quite a few years and gave up a few years back after racing Lightning Rods , Mondeo Rods and stock cars decided I missed the hobby so have decided to build myself a car I have built oval racing cars in the past.

The formula I'm going into is Stock Rods these are a stripped out de-skinned hatch back vehicle running 1400cc Race engines.

For those who don't know what stock rods are it's these

So for that I'll need a vehicle and my choice is a Vauxhall Corsa C it's got to be fully stripped and caged ECT the engine that's show in the pictures below will be removed as it's no good for me at all. I had a few hours on the car tonight and the pics below will show where I'm upto and where I started.

My boy is also getting involved in the build and once he has grown a bit more I'll build him a Junior Rod it's basically the same cage ECT apart from they only run a 1000cc none tuned engine.

I hope you enjoy this log it will take a while to build as there is a lot to do

These pictures will give you and idea what the cage is going to be like and the last picture will hopefully be my end goal all be it sign writing/sponsors will be different but will look basically the same.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Cool project, it will be fun to follow.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    You're speaking my language, Marty :) I love auto racing.

Looks to be a fun project. What kind of time frame are you looking at to get it race-worthy? I'm not familiar with Stock Rods. Do they require the cars to remain naturally aspirated, or can you use forced induction?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    You're speaking my language, Marty :) I love auto racing.

Looks to be a fun project. What kind of time frame are you looking at to get it race-worthy? I'm not familiar with Stock Rods. Do they require the cars to remain naturally aspirated, or can you use forced induction?
    They run a 1400cc Naturally aspirated race engine no forced induction permitted.

It's a UK oval racing formula so may not be the same if over the pond. I'm hoping to have it ready by March ish I'm in no rush as I want to build it well and properly :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I have a small race track near me that makes for some family fun in the summer. Having said that, I really don't know much about racing, but it's fun to watch.

http://devilsbowlspeedwayvt.com/
    Last edited by Taurus; 10-27-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    I have a small race track near me that makes for some family fun in the summer. Having said that, I really don't know much about racing, but it's fun to watch.

http://devilsbowlspeedwayvt.com/
    Looks very similar to here in the UK except different formulas it is great fun but I've had enough just watching and time to get back out there again haha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Closest thing to me is a sprint car track

http://www.sprintsource.com/profile/?rt=track&r=1605
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty.h View Post
    They run a 1400cc Naturally aspirated race engine no forced induction permitted.

It's a UK oval racing formula so may not be the same if over the pond. I'm hoping to have it ready by March ish I'm in no rush as I want to build it well and properly :)
    I know from previous discussions with you that you're a fairly competent tuner. Are you building your own engine to spec for this build, or are you going to get a crate motor?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    I know from previous discussions with you that you're a fairly competent tuner. Are you building your own engine to spec for this build, or are you going to get a crate motor?
    It's been a while since I have raced and rules and specs change so I'll probably buy the first engine from a known builder of them engines so it will be within rules and then from then of if it needs any work I'll do it myself.

I could easily build one but don't want to get spec wrong and end up running against the rules.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Got on with the stock rod today and it was put on a diet !!! Made good progress the de-skinning is only rough cut and will all be tidied up so nice and neat here is a few pictures showing how the day went also got the fuel tank removed and a lot of the inside work continues tomorrow.......