· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Had a good session on the car and got arches and skirts fitted it's starting to take shape now :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Few hours on it tonight so time to fit the rear bumper and side supports

Next I have started to blend arches and skirt to the car looks better

Next was some more weight saving !! Now you probably thinking not possible but it was the passenger door has been skinned

Also there is no need for a door handle so I have removed that you will see the plate put over the hole in above picture and this is it finished after a bit of filler

So not a bad few hours on the car another step closer :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Lots of work done! Looking good!

You know, you'd probably go faster if the steering wheel was on the correct side ;)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Lots of work done! Looking good!

You know, you'd probably go faster if the steering wheel was on the correct side ;)
    Haha I don't use the standard steering column that's been slung and one will be made to go in its place that does not way a ton like the old column !!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    What do you do with all the old parts that you strip off/replace?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    What do you do with all the old parts that you strip off/replace?
    Most of the origional parts get slung / scrapped as they are not used.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Things are moving along well I have mounted the passenger door skin and have mounted the boot and front bumper

Brackets in place that are drilled and tapped 6mm to take the bolts

And door skin bolted in place

Next is the front bumper plates added and front bumper secured

The top section of bumper / grill I'll pick up of bonnet posts I'll show that in another update when I come to that part

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    So what was the purpose of bolting the doors on like that? Did you just strip them completely down to cut weight and removed the hinges and whatnot in the process?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    So what was the purpose of bolting the doors on like that? Did you just strip them completely down to cut weight and removed the hinges and whatnot in the process?
    Yeah it was to loose weigh and also with it just being a single skin if it gets a knock racing any damage is easily knocked back out again.

Also bolted on means should that door get damaged can easily unbolt and replace where if it was welded on would mean cutting and welding and trashing the paint ect.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Makes complete sense! I miss metalworking. Whenever I'm on the road and someone cooks their brakes, it brings me back to high school when I took metal shop for two years :) I miss welding and using lathes.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast