· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I hear ya, by the time you buy the tools....well...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Not much done this evening removed all the glass and put the boot on a diet.

There is not much more left to remove now

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty.h View Post
    A couple of hours on the car tonight after work again and this how it was
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7eaa1db021.jpg
    I just noticed it had a plant growing out of it, must have been sitting up for quite a while!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I just noticed it had a plant growing out of it, must have been sitting up for quite a while!
    Where the plant I see a pair of green goggles ;)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Got the engine on the stand today

And removed the exhaust maunfold and rocker cover to expose camshaft and remove camshaft pully

Then undo head bolts 2 snapped in the block but machine shop soon sort that then remove cam carrier this exposes the rockers and lifters so remove all them as well

And then pull head off marked pistons so know there origional cylinder

Next was sump of to expose con rods and crank result the sump is already baffled

Undo all the conrod bolts and pop pistons out and remove oil pick up pipe

This left just the crank in place remove the crank caps and you left with this

Lift crankshaft out and remove bearings and you are left with a bare block

When removing the oil pick up this is exactly why you should not go shoving loads of sealer anywhere near oil ways or sump ECT!!!

That's just asking for oil starvation leading to engine failure !!

Jobs that need doing

Bores checked and honed

Broken studs from block removed

Block face machined

Head face machined

3 angled valve seats machined

Cam carrier re-faced

Crank polished as it has a few marks nothing majot

New rings

New camshaft and adjustable vernier

Solid lifters

New rocker arms

New water pump

New cambelt kit

New ends and mains

New high pressure oil pump

Full gasket and seal set

Good clean of all parts and a lick of paint

And we should just about be there ......

Last edited by Marty.h; 11-04-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Where the plant I see a pair of green goggles ;)
    Need to get my eyesight checked, lol

Nice progress you are making there
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a pressie :-) - mitcore   Something he doesn't have - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas - Lady Hobbs   Donuts are yummy! - AquaBison   Merry Christmas to you as well. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    Now this is a thread I can get behind! I love a fwd stock car to go dick around with, but all my focus is on getting into circuit racing at this point (which should be happening next year!).

I do hope your cage is going to be done differently(safer) than the one you showed in the first post.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AABatteries View Post
    Now this is a thread I can get behind! I love a fwd stock car to go dick around with, but all my focus is on getting into circuit racing at this point (which should be happening next year!).

I do hope your cage is going to be done differently(safer) than the one you showed in the first post.
    What up with the cage in the first post that's the cage that is reccomended by the ORC the governing body of oval racing in the UK
    And all oval cars run a similar cage

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a pressie :-) - mitcore   Something he doesn't have - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas - Lady Hobbs   Donuts are yummy! - AquaBison   Merry Christmas to you as well. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    What up with the cage in the first post that's the cage that is reccomended by the ORC the governing body of oval racing in the UK
    And all oval cars run a similar cage
    I'm not liking the lack of a cross member going all the way across behind the seat, and especially not liking the lack of a diagonal there in the main hoop.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AABatteries View Post
    I'm not liking the lack of a cross member going all the way across behind the seats, and especially not liking the lack of a diagonal there in the main hoop.
    I will be adding one there anyway which will double as a mounting point for my harnesses

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast