· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thumbs up These buggers are great!

0 Not allowed!
    I can't wait until I have a camera to take a picture of this. I have a shrimp tank (see signature), and if I skip 1 day of feeding, the following they are NUTSO after those algae wafer bits. (often the same on any regular feeding)As soon as they start sinking I see shrimp from all over the tank making the mad dash... I'm always careful anymore to make sure the wafer pieces fall towards the front of the tank so I can watch.

And no, I'm not trying to be mean, I skip a day now and again to make sure they are cleaning the tank properly for their own good. I also have some live plants in there.

Great fun watching them. They get so worked up I started breaking down a wafer into 3-4 pieces so they'd stop all their fighting.

Just wanted to thank Algenco for the 100th time for selling me these cuz they are awesome!

werd

Shrimp and snail junkie... What can I say, I like the little things in life.

0 Not allowed!
    Be sure to give him good feedback here:

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...er&userid=6699
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can pay the rent.

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah shrimp are great to watch when feeding... maybe try and break up the wafer into small pieces and scatter it more

Mine always go nuts over shelled peas and broccoli
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

0 Not allowed!
    mine like green beans too. I love watching them compete with my brig snail for the choicest spot.
    36g corner bow, heavily planted with java moss, windelov, java fern, anubias barieri, crypts, anacharis, and african fern. 2 honey gourami, 9 cardinals, 4 neons, 5 cherry barbs, 5 sterbai cory, 1 brochis splendens, unknown number red cherry shrimp
    16g bow, lightly planted with java moss, java fern. 4swordtail tetra, 1 male betta
    10g 4 pomacea bridgessi, a million cherry shrimp, java moss, windelov fern, anubia, java fern

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Do you guys have a feeding regimen for your shrimps? I am new to them. It is nice to know some like green beans. But are they fresh green beans? They love my pellets I feed to my Rams, and they soooo love the algae tablets. But what do you guys feed?

0 Not allowed!
    I have apple snails and ramshorns in with my cherry shrimp. I feed fresh veggies, an algae wafer, or a bottom feeder pellet once a day. For veggies, you can use frozen ( just defrost first), fresh (blanch), or canned (no prep needed). The shrimp definately seem to prefer the bottom feeder pellets or algae wafer to the veggies, the veggies are more for my snails. HBH crab and lobster bites are also supposed to be really good for shrimp, but they dont carry them at my lfs so I haven't tried them yet.
    36g corner bow, heavily planted with java moss, windelov, java fern, anubias barieri, crypts, anacharis, and african fern. 2 honey gourami, 9 cardinals, 4 neons, 5 cherry barbs, 5 sterbai cory, 1 brochis splendens, unknown number red cherry shrimp
    16g bow, lightly planted with java moss, java fern. 4swordtail tetra, 1 male betta
    10g 4 pomacea bridgessi, a million cherry shrimp, java moss, windelov fern, anubia, java fern

0 Not allowed!
    Somehow I never think of shrimp of getting excited about anything. I figured they were something in the tank you never saw much of. I may have to rethink me having some. I have a tank sitting her empty. hummmm

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I really like my shrimp especially the males because they always seem to swim all over the tank. It's so funny to watch them take off and see all those little (swimmets... legs... whatever) moving like crazy!

I hope I get some little shrimpets soon - lol.
    10 Gallon: Planted Red Cherry Shrimp
    65 Gallon: Planted South American Community
    30 Gallon: Planted Bolivian Ram Tank

Reduce The Stress....Cycle Fishless!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumachine09
    Be sure to give him good feedback here:

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...er&userid=6699
    I did try that before, it requires some posting ID which no one was ever able to tell me how to find out what to put in there. I tried the thread# and it said it was invalid. My thought was the function was one of the few here not working. I bought a beer and gave some rep pts in it's place.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Somehow I never think of shrimp of getting excited about anything. I figured they were something in the tank you never saw much of. I may have to rethink me having some. I have a tank sitting her empty. hummmm
    I've got mine in a 10 gal with no fish and they are very active in it. I think the ones you usually hear about hiding are the ones with fish in the tank. Kinda like we'd do with a tiger in the room lol

They are good fun to watch if you have a bunch of them. I got 35 a while back, may have more than that now. I suggest hornwort or java moss in the tank for them however. Esp if you get breedin shrimp. They love to climb and pick at things, I always worry they're filling up on my plastic plants haha j/k.

Plus if you get the breeding kind, you'll always have cleaners for your other tanks (that, or treats for the fish in them).