· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC! - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    On my 125's I'll set a large Rubbermaid trash close to tank. Fill it up in evening around 76 degrees off sink. Add treatments, air stone and heater over night. In am I drain my 125 than use a small pump I have to fill tank from trash bin.

I was doing straight from tap until I lost about 10 peacocks once. Was able to save another 10 or so by putting them into my 55 asap. I won't risk it again. I read some where about gas exchange and not enough o2 in the tap water.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Were the tap temp and the tank temp the same when you lost the fish?

Did you immerse the fill hose, or have it above the surface of the tank water when you filled?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC! - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Were the tap temp and the tank temp the same when you lost the fish?

Did you immerse the fill hose, or have it above the surface of the tank water when you filled?
    Temp was as close as possible. And hose was most likely immersed. Wasn't the first time. Few weeks before that my fish didn't seem happy and were just sitting on floor bed. I've do it many times out of the sink and still do it on my small tanks. Only seems to only to happen to my 55+ tanks.

With the trash can method my fish are clearly happy throughout the whole wc.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Posjr408 View Post
    Temp was as close as possible. And hose was most likely immersed. Wasn't the first time. Few weeks before that my fish didn't seem happy and were just sitting on floor bed. I've do it many times out of the sink and still do it on my small tanks. Only seems to only to happen to my 55+ tanks.

With the trash can method my fish are clearly happy throughout the whole wc.
    Sounds like there are excess dissolved gases in your water. Have you ever tried filling up immediately after the water is dechlorinated in the 55g trashcans (not sit overnight)?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC! - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    Sounds like there are excess dissolved gases in your water. Have you ever tried filling up immediately after the water is dechlorinated in the 55g trashcans (not sit overnight)?
    No, I have my 125 and 55 in same room so it's easy for me to just fill up my 55 gallon trash can on a fri,or Sat night than do my thing in am. Same goes for my other set up which is a 125, 3x 20's and a 10.

Worse case in the 55 I use 5 gallon buckets. Fill it from tub with treatment with each fill and than pour in same goes for any of the other tanks 29 or less gallons.

I also keep trash can semi full in garage with other setup for top off when not in use.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

0 Not allowed!
    The serpent I use to refill has a very large diameter pipe that goes in the tank, so the incoming water really gets churned up and I suspect a lot of O2 goes into it there. Doesn't seem to bother the fish a bit.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    A good read on gas bubble disease in aquarium fish:

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2014/8/fish

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC! - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    A good read on gas bubble disease in aquarium fish:

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2014/8/fish
    Thx for the link seems my tap has alot of gas. When I was filling my tank I was getting alot of micro bubbles in tank during fill. Diffently something I won't risk again.
    Last edited by Posjr408; 10-17-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC! - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    80 degrees out of my tap after letting it run for a few minutes.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, adding water that is too warm to a tank can introduce super saturated gasses into the tank's water column.

In the summertime, my "cold" tap temp can reach as high as 86-88F; I float frozen water bottles in my tanks when re-filling during a WC to keep the temp level in my tanks as much as possible....my tanks are all kept at 78F

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast