· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   For the nice vid ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on the 2nd spawn. - Silbar   A bit of good luck can't hurt during Irma. Stay safe as possible. - Taurus   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    Maria didn't even effect us Irma however took down alot of tress rip up the green houses and flooded some ponds :/

However they seemed to have bounced back no problem my first day we put new plastic on the last green house that needed repairs

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Ooops, I meant Irma, my bad...Maria was a non-issue pretty much for the entire US, thank goodness

I'm interested in knowing, after you've worked at IT for a while, how often the online site is updated...fish/shrimp availability, in particular...a few I am interested in show "not available" for now, just wondering how often stock lists get updated
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A guppy to get you started. - Slaphppy7   Have a beer for being another sports fan ;-) - steeler58   Here's a super rare guppy lol - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Free shipping once a certain dollar amount is met, correct?
    Yes, $45 order is required for free shipping. And yes most of their fish are a buck or two higher than LFS, but better quality. Not even close for many species in my LFS case. They are getting some of the shipping cost back in fish price. I haven't compared Imperial vs Wetspot prices. Just Imperial vs LFS. Getting what you want is important. Imperial has work to do to match Wetspots selection.
    Last edited by OnTheFly; 10-14-2017 at 01:18 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks.

I have no decent LFS close by to speak of, unless I want to drive 2 hours to Houston, and even then no guarantee of quality fish

I like the fact that IT is much closer to me for shipping purposes than TWS is, as well.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A guppy to get you started. - Slaphppy7   Have a beer for being another sports fan ;-) - steeler58   Here's a super rare guppy lol - AmazonJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    ..I'm interested in knowing, after you've worked at IT for a while, how often the online site is updated...fish/shrimp availability, in particular...a few I am interested in show "not available" for now, just wondering how often stock lists get updated
    I could be wrong but thinking there is room for improvement there. Joe needs to walk around and have a look in their 147 ponds and let us know lol. WC day must be a tough one lol. On that note I'd like to know what is involved in maintaining a pond. They must have some method of draining them down and removing the stank off the bottom. Annual event? That video would probably make me not want to work at a fish farm in the humid southeast.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I think there is room for improvement in that aspect, as well...no rummynose tetras?...even my crummy "LFS" usually has those

Maybe Joe will get them on the right track...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   For the nice vid ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on the 2nd spawn. - Silbar   A bit of good luck can't hurt during Irma. Stay safe as possible. - Taurus   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

2 Not allowed!
    I think there is room for improvement in that aspect, as well...no rummynose tetras?...even my crummy "LFS" usually has those

Maybe Joe will get them on the right track...
    They have some rummynoses but maybe there not up for sale. yeah I'm hopeful that I'll make a difference in the variety ;)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for your comcern and healing thoughts - Silbar   I wish I could give you a hug. - Silbar   Thinking of you ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    There is no doubt in my mind that you will make a positive difference in your new job, Joe.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    I could be wrong but thinking there is room for improvement there. Joe needs to walk around and have a look in their 147 ponds and let us know lol. WC day must be a tough one lol. On that note I'd like to know what is involved in maintaining a pond. They must have some method of draining them down and removing the stank off the bottom. Annual event? That video would probably make me not want to work at a fish farm in the humid southeast.
    Typically they will drain and clean a pond after they harvest it there are methods of "sanitizing" the pond prior to filling it back up then they will "green up" the water depending if there are fry going out or older fish.

You have to seriously love fish to do this job and being connected with other hobbyist who we are raising these fish for is the best source of motivation for me!

It was awesome yesterday Mike brought a customer in my breeding room saying "hey he wants to take a look around he's interested in South American species so I told em that's your area."

So I showed em around the room and adjacent green house and after my little tour he wasn't even sure what to get now. Lol I showed em species from Africa,Asia, Australia (rainbows) he's never seen them so you know how impressive that probably was. Any way I could see the glazed look of bewilderment haha I jus told em you can always find room for another tank lol
    Last edited by AmazonJoe; 10-14-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For hanging out on a lazy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Thanks for the rep!  This is going to be fun! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the "gpld star". - Silbar   

3 Not allowed!
    Joe, I've noticed that you're able to be a lot more open about the operations there at Imperial. We never heard anything when you were over at the last place. It's a good thing. I enjoy hearing a bit more about the business. It helps me as a hobbyist understand the challenges that those in the business face.
    Last edited by Taurus; 10-14-2017 at 03:24 PM.