· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thinking of you ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep!  DIE, BBA! - WhistlingBadger   Enjoy the season! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    I am so sorry you are dealing with this, Kat.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Last email from Angelfins. Gah! Never said I was a newbie! Just my first time ordering and have to much trust in ppl. I knew the kerri tetras had just arrived, since they sell out in a couple days. I can deal with a few DOA, but not Lymphocystis infected rams from Europe. I would have NEVER bought them if I knew they weren't locally bred. I suppose locally raised and locally bred are two doesn't things? I would not take responsibility for raising fish I just ordered from Europe. That's it. No more positive thinking, it's getting me into more trouble. I'm going back to thinking everyone is evil and out to mess me over. So upset.
    This is terrible, I'm sorry about it.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   New fish ;-) - steeler58   Just because :) - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    You left a review?...all I see is the advertisement, and brief description of the fish from the seller
    No, I didn't leave a bad review, I'm trying to reason with the store first, but their ignorant attitude is peeving me off. The last email said they are not selling the EB rams and are having them tested after my rant about how irresponsible and ignorant they are being. I was just asking if it's misleading to post "tank raised and accustomed to Guelph (Ontario, CA) hard water". I suppose they were tank raised in Europe and became accustomed to their water, but I wish so much I knew these rams came from Europe. I should have just bred my own rams. I'm always looking for locally bred fish and jumped right on it. Their German blue rams are supposedly locally bred, I saw a pic with the EB and German blue rams in the same tank, but they said the pic was old and they are housed separately in closed systems. Whether I trust that is another story, but if I can stop the spread of lymphocystis virus, I will.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 10-06-2017 at 07:51 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   New fish ;-) - steeler58   Just because :) - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    I know the email said they were going to have me send the fish back, but on the phone, she said she doesn't think I can send them back alive. I said why not? I kept all the packaging. I think she just doesn't want them, I told her I was giving them all my gold tetras too (she thought I was asking for a refund for the gold tetras too at first), but then she said I'd be better to euthanize them all. So sad. Makes me think even more she purposely sent me a ram with a "bump on its head."

I haven't done anything yet, I really don't want to kill all my fish, my eyes start tearing up thinking about it, but I don't have a big enough tank for all these lympho fish.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 10-06-2017 at 08:02 PM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

This. Is. SPS!!! - BIO-Linist   Now for somebody to spam you with discus - BIO-Linist   Discus and Beer! - Sandz   Thank you my friend! - JudiJetson   Your "light siesta" suggestion a while back worked wonders last week. Thanks! - ~firefly~   

4 Not allowed!
    I'd hold off on doing anything drastic and let it run its course with treatment/QT for now to see if there are any improvement. If there are no improvement and you see no QOL for the fishes, maybe its best to make the tough call. It would also allow Angelfins to do their due diligence if they hold true and test the EBs. If they run their tests and can provide you backup saying its negative for lymp, then it may be something else afflicting your fishes. Once the fishes recover, you can decide what to do with them.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah, thank you Spardas, you're opinion means a lot to me. The 40g is right in the middle of my other tanks, (tanks on the bottom, right and left), but I'll be super uber deligent with keeping everything (including water from my fingers while feeding) seperate. It's stressful, but I think I can do this.

I do have a pleco tank. A growout for baby and juvie plecos, it's not a huge tank, it's a shallow 18x18x10"high.

It's filled (I mean FILLED) with bolbitis, I would never see my fish, but I was considering keeping the tetras, the rams and the plecos all together. I would move the plants around first, probably swap the bolbitis for the java fern and swords in the 40g. Idk. I'll wait for the test, hopefully they are trustworthy for this...but if they have lymph, I think this might be the best solution since catfish don't get our carry this virus. Well, I'll research some more to be certain, and for now I'll just try and keep these fish in my 40g healthy and the tank 100% seperate and everything about it.

Thanks again.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    QUOTE=http://www.seachem.com/support/forums/forum/general-discussion/2177-lymphocystis-and-paraguard]Paraguard will be able to kill the live virus that is causing the cauliflower-type growth, and it will also help to prevent other fish from becoming infected with the virus. While it can help to stop the uncontrolled growth of the affected cells, it will not do much in the way of reducing/removing the lesions that have already formed; the disease will basically have to run its course, and you should eventually see the lesions disappear.

So, with your question regarding other viral infections, the answer would be that, yes, Paraguard will kill the virus in the water and help to prevent onset/spread of viruses.[/QUOTE]

I've been searching and searching, I found this, but I'm not sure I can belive this since it goes against everything else I've read. As far as I know, I have to disinfect my tank with bleach, PP or something else I don't have.

This is the forum discussion I like, if there's something untrue, pls don't hesitate to correct, but I feel it explains the virus well for anyone who'd like to read about it

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/#...s/37325?page=1
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

4 Not allowed!
    I dont believe it. It's a virus with no known cure.

Ask the reaserchers about it

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/fa181

see the part about good water conditions, which coincides with duanes recommendation on mfk

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

This. Is. SPS!!! - BIO-Linist   Now for somebody to spam you with discus - BIO-Linist   Discus and Beer! - Sandz   Thank you my friend! - JudiJetson   Your "light siesta" suggestion a while back worked wonders last week. Thanks! - ~firefly~   

3 Not allowed!
    I'd have to agree with Rocksor. The Seachem rep clearly wants to sell the product. If anything, Paraguard will just prevent certain other opportunistic diseases from taking hold of the weakened fish while it recovers from Lymph. There's simply not enough in depth research on Lymph's cure to make that statement 100%. It's also important to note Lymph is not just one virus.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    I'd have to agree with Rocksor. The Seachem rep clearly wants to sell the product. If anything, Paraguard will just prevent certain other opportunistic diseases from taking hold of the weakened fish while it recovers from Lymph. There's simply not enough in depth research on Lymph's cure to make that statement 100%. It's also important to note Lymph is not just one virus.
    Hmm. Do you mean different strains? Is it possible (if it is a virus) that it will only affect my other ram? Are my tetras possibly not carriers? Do you know if catfish are exempt from getting any strain of Lymph?
    -Kat

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast