· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    I just thought I'd share this with you all.

I noticed my BN pleco was rasping right thru my Amazon sword leaves, especially the sword positioned right under the brightest light. I figured he wasn't finding any algae in the new tank I moved all the fish to, so I started feeding him 1/4th of a veggie round every day. He actually has learned where I drop the round and comes out looking for it when I feed the tetras. OMG, he is fat! So I'm laying off the veggie rounds to every 3 days lol.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    ha! He is a piggy, hmm? Your telling made me smile though. Cute that he goes to the drop spot and expects his dinner to be served.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    He does! So I think he's starving, apparently not lol when he climbed the glass and exposed his fat belly hahaha! Btw, he looks too fat, but healthy fat. He looks like he'd be pointed at and laughed at if anyone saw him lol! A piggy is right! I love him :)
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default 20g Update

0 Not allowed!
    I dirted this tank with the soil from the pots in the 40g grow out tank when I moved the fish to the permanent 20g QT. I used all the same plants same everything cuz I figured the plants were compromised with the Lymph virus anyway. I added some spare DW and a couple crypt wendtii red. So two amazon swords, a bunch of java fern, some crypt wendtii red and water lettuce were the plants I this tank. The water lettuce died with the HOB filters when they were submerged, so no nice long roots in the 20g unless I tie them in place. The crypts are growing but soooooo slowly, also the Amazon swords. I think the low lighting causes the unbelievable slow growth, even in a tank with soil. I suppose the soil is a bit used up by now.

So I have 8 gold tetras, (lost one somewhere) and my gorgeous catfish, but I'm down to 5 Kerri tetras from 18! I just lost a skinny one a day ago. It just goes to show how crappy stock kills itself off and healthy stock in a healthy tank can survive no problem. Well, I feel the tank is safe now after treating for anchor worms, so if my Kerri tetras keep dropping off, so be it....

I'm still pretty upset Angelfins would sell fish like that, abd for others buying fish there, but I think I've done all I can do. Hopefully I just had really bad luck and this never happens!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Another forever QT tank update

0 Not allowed!
    Ok. I have to do something with this tank as well. I lost another gold tetra I think, I'm down to 4 Kerri tetras and my BN pleco has clamped fins. Since dealing with nemotode thing in my other tanks and learning so much about parasitic worms, I realize that bulge in the lower abdomen of most of the Kerri tetras is most likely another worm infestation. I also see white behind the heads of the Kerri tetras before they drop off. They are very thin and eventually stop eating. I also might have seen anchor worms still. Curse Angelfins!

So I'll be medicating this tank as well.

Not sure what the best course of meds are for this, but there are MTS and ramshorn snails all over, so probably Levamisole? I will feed Fenben as well. Can I use both simultaneously or try the Levamisole first?

Or @Rocksor something completely different? I feel like I'm running a disease factory atm
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Ok. I have to do something with this tank as well. I lost another gold tetra I think, I'm down to 4 Kerri tetras and my BN pleco has clamped fins. Since dealing with nemotode thing in my other tanks and learning so much about parasitic worms, I realize that bulge in the lower abdomen of most of the Kerri tetras is most likely another worm infestation. I also see white behind the heads of the Kerri tetras before they drop off. They are very thin and eventually stop eating. I also might have seen anchor worms still. Curse Angelfins!

So I'll be medicating this tank as well.

Not sure what the best course of meds are for this, but there are MTS and ramshorn snails all over, so probably Levamisole? I will feed Fenben as well. Can I use both simultaneously or try the Levamisole first?

Or @Rocksor something completely different? I feel like I'm running a disease factory atm
    Since you are waiting for the fenben, you could try the 2ppm+ levamisole first for 24 hours.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks again :) Just checking to make sure I'm doing the right thing here. I just had a look, there are no more Kerri tetras left with bulgy bellies. But my catfish is still clamping his caudal fin and I'm losing a fish every month or so. I'll admit, I rarely find the dead body or suffering fish, they disappear. But those Kerri tetras looked so unhealthy, they are absolutely infested with disease and parasites. Angelfins
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    So to make me even more annoyed, they are still selling super blue kerri tetras. Did I get an unbelievable string of bad luck? I have one left!

And now they are selling red blue peru tetras!
    download.jpeg

This kind of thing just doesn't happen in my area. Never any cool types like this. But I would never attempt it again unless I had all the meds I needed. Funnily enough, I guess I do from dealing with the problems last order. I kinda wish I was ableto get blue than one to survive so I could attempt breeding them.

Although these cool tetra types are really tempting, I prefer medium and large size tetras for my show tank anyway. So far I have those flame tetras who are still all kicking :)

Still had to vent about it! Tx!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    They're tempting you on purpose, lol
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Seriously though! What jerks!

And they are very decently priced. Really small and sick, but still. If it wasn't for the Lymphocystis on the rams same order, I would have smaller tetras too. The SB kerri tetra is a similar size to the gold tetras. And the red blue peru is similar in behavior and size to the kerri tetra. They are just a bit small.
    -Kat

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021