· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

Default Impossible has been achived

0 Not allowed!
    Heading to work today my fravorite van with the seat belt issue has died. Fravorite is a terrible hidden bit of sarcasm.

Engine is cooked, blown the radiator and dropped oil. The famous reliable toyota has died.
    So far to date. Cars i have owned which died.
    Toyota Camry blew oil pump and died.
    Toyota Camry 33,000km fuel injector failure, all sorts of electrical issues.
    Toyota prado fule injector failure. Was repaired, but not the same ever again.

Work vehicles which have died,
    Hiace vans to have over heated and been cooked.
    Pick up utes been cooked. None turbo only been cooked.
    Brand new ute injectors failed fuel lines burst.
    $17k in repairs.

All other brands have work appart from one mitsubishi. Faulty trans solenoid.

So dnt like toyota. Why dose work buy this sub par brand.
    Last edited by mac; 10-01-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep friend :) - Compass   Merry Christmas! - rebecca_finny   Thanks for the rep! - AmazonJoe   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   

1 Not allowed!
    Wow mac. Toyotas are considered one of the best here. They often go over 200k and 300k isn't uncommon. Like any car though, you have to do the scheduled maintenance like oil changes. I just traded in a 16 year old Tacoma that still ran like a champ. It was approaching 200k but not there yet.
    When I go fishing I just throw sharp rocks in the water and wait for the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Dear naps, sorry I hated you so much when I was a child... Love me

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for your comcern and healing thoughts - Silbar   I wish I could give you a hug. - Silbar   Thinking of you ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about your vehicle troubles, mac. I have similar experiences as mommy stated with my Toyota. It'll hit 200K soonish.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

merry xmas XD - genocidex   for your kind words! - C-Dub   Welcome Skinner! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Rue   Happy B-Day! - Rue   

1 Not allowed!
    Could it be that the Toyotas which are shipped overseas are inferior models to those sold here in the U.S.? Sounds like that might be the case.
    20 gal. high: planted; 7 white cloud minnows, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for your comcern and healing thoughts - Silbar   I wish I could give you a hug. - Silbar   Thinking of you ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    You're probably onto something, with that ^
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah maintenance isn't a issue. The conpany services them every 10,000km since new. With a complete comprehensive maintenance book on all fleet from new.

Same with all mine, serviced from new right through. My old holden that u got for sweet stuff all second hand which would be like one of your Pontiac gto with a buick 3800 engine is going on 320,000kms. Golden oil and compression test is still well with in good condition. But they are known to do the clock if they have the earlier buick motor in it with a holden head job done to it and a few changes internally.
    And my hyundai i30 crdi has hit 260,000km. Went in to get it fully inspected. Still perfectly fine.

With that aside i got a ride to work from a farmer's wife.
    She saw the van blow up. Half a hour later she was there with her car and children offering a ride to town. So i took her up on the offer leaving the forman with the van till work comes and swaps over vans for all the work gear.

Turns out tue lady is a american. Had a bice conversation with her while driving to town.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Glad she could pick you up.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Seems like they've been plagued with recalls/defects repeatedly over the more recent years, following the "sticking accelerator" fiasco a while back.

I don't know how true it is, but I've heard that the quality of Toyotas has dimished over the years. I read that Toyota's management decided to adopt a business model similar to American manufacturers that looks to cut corners to reduce production costs so that their vehicles have lower price tags that would be appealing to the masses.

But like I said, I'm not sure how accurate that is. I've heard all the hype about how awesome Toyota is/was back in the day, the whole 200k+ mileage claims and all that, but the only Toyota (late 80s) I owned was a piece of turd that was constantly falling apart. Bad cylinders, idle/stalling issues whenever it rolled to a stop, one headlight wouldn't pop up (had those frog-eyed headlights), electrical short to the tail lights that caused an electrical fire in the main wiring harness (that was fun), sun roof wouldn't open/close on its own. It was about 12yrs old and had about 110K miles on it by the time I just gave up and donated it to a friend.

Compare that to my '01 Z28 that's been modified, horsewhipped all the time, my daily driver, and still puts a hurtin' on 90% of the chumps who line up against me despite being 16 years old. 170k miles on it. $12 thermostat replacement in 2011, $80 water pump replacement in 2013, and a torn tranny mount in 2014 (bought a high-performace poly mount for like $75).

"It's my whimsical colorful slice of paradise." - Debra Mozurkewich, RIP

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    The cost has changed a lot that is for sure.

From what i am gearing through friends who have swapped over. Mazda abd hyundai are the toyota for reliability.

Mazda is also getting very expesive in nz due to its reputation. That and they arnt seen in a repair shop like you do toyota.

The report came back about the van. Blown head. Scored cylinders and failed watee pump oil pump and blown radiator.
    Water pump has been done this year.

All i can say is to have three toyota turn into lemons on me in a row one after the other isn't really good odds. Then swap to more cheaper brands like mitsubishi and have better runs just should not happen.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    I've actually been quite surprised with how much Hyundai has grown over the years. Both my wife and my mother have bought Hyundais (a Tiburon and a SUV) and neither one has had any issues. Hyundai is also getting some decent designers who have been coming out with some sleek and sexy designs, and their Genesis luxury brand seems to be doing fairly well.

"It's my whimsical colorful slice of paradise." - Debra Mozurkewich, RIP