· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, Nat! I have some really cool photos but will be saving those for POTM entries haha For now, y'all just have to wait until the carpet grows in before I take some full-tank shots

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Such a teaser!
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Such a teaser!
    Fine! Here ya go. Are you happy?!

WP_20171005_001.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post

Hahahaha, nice

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Congrats on guessing the DT. - Silbar   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Thanks for the Rep, and welcome back ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Subscribed.

You are supposed to photo bomb journals. None of this, you will have to wait until (enter event here) happens to post pictures.
    When I go fishing I just throw sharp rocks in the water and wait for the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Dear naps, sorry I hated you so much when I was a child... Love me

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the laugh! - BluewaterBoof   Congratulations on the return! - AmazonJoe   Thank you for your inside and suggestions - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   You need one more for the 17ft tank lol - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    When these small projects of mine take me so long, I don't really think about how long it's taking, but I stop and wonder how long it takes you to put together your setups. I've watched Amano put together some of his tanks and he usually has a team working under him that does all the plant prepping. I've also noticed that his budget on those projects allows him to use larger initial plants instead of being like me and trying to make the most out of a $10 cup haha Do you work fairly quickly through your initial setups, or can it become a slow grind for you?

I ask because your tanks and scapes have layouts that seem very intricate and well-planned. In my head I picture a shadowy/mysterious figure walking into the room and just working across the tank with purpose and confidence haha Are you like that, or do you just go in all willy-nilly and toss stuff around and rearranging stuff as you work through?
    A lot of my tanks are big so I would hire people to bring them in to the house. Usage of a small crane is needed sometimes. Once the tank is in place, then putting everything together doesn't take long since I have what I want in mind and everything lined up to go in. It's like an assembly line where everything is assembled together from different parts. So, if we're talking about the entire process, it's actually quite a lot of time. Planning, getting each part ready, lining everything up, and then assembling can be quick and painless or an arduous epic journey...It just depends on the project and how readily available the livestock I want is. Sometimes, it's not in season or there isn't enough of certain plants yet, etc.

WP_20171005_001.jpg

You're a funny guy, Boof...
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy1 View Post
    Subscribed.

You are supposed to photo bomb journals. None of this, you will have to wait until (enter event here) happens to post pictures.
    Haha I usually do puke a whole bunch of progression photos, but I have a particular photo that I feel has a very good chance of winning the next competition and I don't want the other members to know who submitted it. I want to be mysterious this time hahaha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    A lot of my tanks are big so I would hire people to bring them in to the house. Usage of a small crane is needed sometimes. Once the tank is in place, then putting everything together doesn't take long since I have what I want in mind and everything lined up to go in. It's like an assembly line where everything is assembled together from different parts. So, if we're talking about the entire process, it's actually quite a lot of time. Planning, getting each part ready, lining everything up, and then assembling can be quick and painless or an arduous epic journey...It just depends on the project and how readily available the livestock I want is. Sometimes, it's not in season or there isn't enough of certain plants yet, etc.
    I would love to see something like that. Sounds just like the kind of operation Amano would run for his big projects. I watch vids of him putting together tanks all the time. It was a shame that right after I got into the hobby and discovered his work, he passed away...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Hydrocotyle is growing and pearling VERY nicely.

22553340_10155702890603608_4752711230928048719_o.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    It is official. I'm in love with soil.

Dry starts are very fast to begin with. This has been amazing.

Day 1, 9/28

WP_20170929_005.jpg
    Last edited by BluewaterBoof; 10-19-2017 at 02:10 AM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast