· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle - Slaphppy7   Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Great job researching the plant weights. - Silbar   Have a tetra for all your hard work ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on your new Corys! - Silbar   

Default AC70 not working

0 Not allowed!
    I just did a WC, and when I plugged the AC70 back in, nothing happens. I tried plugging it in in another place. The square pack that holds the impeller seems to be attached correctly.

Is there something else I can try before I hit Petsmart? $50 for one there.
    ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~

29g planted freshwater tank
    AC70 HOB
    Satellite Pro LED 24-36 20W 20-LEDs (14-6500K 6-RGBW)
    Tahitian Moon Sand w/some Flourite

STOCK LIST:
    8 Bloodfin Tetras
    6 Bronze Corys
    10 Amano Shrimp
    5 Dream Blue Velvet Shrimp
    5 Sky Blue Velvet Shrimp
    10 Assassin Snails

Planted 29g journal

BUCKETS

"Mulder, where are you?"
    "Hey, lesson here, Bey. You come at the king, you best not miss."
    "If it sounds like a fact, it is a fact."

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

3 Not allowed!
    Move the intake tube to the right, to reveal a partial access to the impeller from the top of the filter.

Nudge the impeller with a toothpick or similar instrument while the filter is plugged in, it should start spinning.

Report back with your results.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle - Slaphppy7   Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Great job researching the plant weights. - Silbar   Have a tetra for all your hard work ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on your new Corys! - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Move the intake tube to the right, to reveal a partial access to the impeller from the top of the filter.

Nudge the impeller with a toothpick or similar instrument while the filter is plugged in, it should start spinning.

Report back with your results.

Thank you so much for saving me $50! Spun right up as soon as I stuck a plastic fork tine in there.

Plus... thank you for answering so fast!!

AC70 HOB

STOCK LIST:
    8 Bloodfin Tetras
    6 Bronze Corys
    10 Amano Shrimp
    5 Sky Blue Velvet Shrimp
    10 Assassin Snails

Planted 29g journal

BUCKETS

"Mulder, where are you?"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

3 Not allowed!
    You are most welcome.

Most of the time, an AC motor not starting up after being turned off, then on, is the result of a buildup of dirt/mulm in the motor itself.

AquaClear filters should be cleaned once a month on average, including a deep clean of the motor, IME.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles with your dogs.  Best wishes hoping your other dog fully recovers. - angelcraze2   I'm sorry for your loss of Maggie - Silbar   No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   

2 Not allowed!
    Very common occurrence. I've had it happen even when filter is cleaned. Quick poke at the impeller gets it going. But it doesn't take much time to clean them so I try to do it regularly.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    It helps alot to lube the impeller shaft with a tiny dab of Vaseline when you clean the motor, before replacing the impeller..I haven't had one seize up on me in a very long time

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - BluewaterBoof   Thanks for the rep!  This is going to be fun! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the "gpld star". - Silbar   Thanks for the rep!  DIE, BBA! - WhistlingBadger   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    Very common occurrence. I've had it happen even when filter is cleaned. Quick poke at the impeller gets it going. But it doesn't take much time to clean them so I try to do it regularly.
    Happens with the brand new AC50 I just bought and has always happened with the AC30s. It's an easy fix so no big deal. ACs will last a very long time it you maintain them properly.

Matt, I'm getting the double posting error here too. Probably nothing you can do about it, just thought I'd mention it
    Last edited by Taurus; 09-16-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    You are most welcome.

Most of the time, an AC motor not starting up after being turned off, then on, is the result of a buildup of dirt/mulm in the motor itself.

AquaClear filters should be cleaned once a month on average, including a deep clean of the motor, IME.
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    It helps alot to lube the impeller shaft with a tiny dab of Vaseline when you clean the motor, before replacing the impeller..I haven't had one seize up on me in a very long time
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Happens with the brand new AC50 I just bought and has always happened with the AC30s. It's an easy fix so no big deal. ACs will last a very long time it you maintain them properly.

Matt, I'm getting the double posting error here too. Probably nothing you can do about it, just thought I'd mention it

These are all great suggestions.

I did a major overhaul of my tank. Removed the resin DW, replaced with some lovely manzanita. I stirred up a lot of gunk. I'll know to plan on cleaning the impeller after anything major, in addition to regular maintenance.

Thanks!

AC70 HOB

STOCK LIST:
    8 Bloodfin Tetras
    6 Bronze Corys
    10 Amano Shrimp
    5 Sky Blue Velvet Shrimp
    10 Assassin Snails

Planted 29g journal

BUCKETS

"Mulder, where are you?"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - BluewaterBoof   Thanks for the rep!  This is going to be fun! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the "gpld star". - Silbar   Thanks for the rep!  DIE, BBA! - WhistlingBadger   

2 Not allowed!
    Matt has given you some great advice on maintaining an AC filter jana. It'll take a few tries to get all the finer point down, but it's not difficult at all. The biggest problem I've faced with them is learning not to drop the filter housing on the floor as it will crack easily. whooopsies....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    LOL....Taurus' loss was my gain, some years ago

Jana, I did a write-up on cleaning the AC filters...it's buried in some thread, somewhere here, don't even remember whose thread it was...but I saved it in a Word document at work...I'll post it here tomorrow, if I remember...we have inventory this week...yippee