· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    I love dwarf neon rainbows, but this is a softwater tank with SE Asian fish, so that's two strikes right there...
    Depends. They are south east Asia indonesia and Papua. Depending on how soft you going, but they do prefer harder water.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the friend request and congrats on the new pond! - Silbar   I'm sorry you lost a loach and thanks for the rep. - Silbar   An angel for your future tank...power of positive thinking! - Silbar   Have a Merry Christmas - Silbar   Merry Christmas - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I try to keep this tank between Vietnam and the Malay Peninsula. I'll keep looking. There must be SOMETHING blue out there...Even dwarf gouramis are rude enough to hale from India and Nepal. The nerve of some fish.

Thanks for the input, everybody!

T

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

well done - mac   well done - mac   for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   

0 Not allowed!
    I had a betta harem in a 30 gallon. They created a pecking order. The top one had no physical bruises or fins nipped. The one under it, a few bruises and nips, the one under that one, a few more and so on until there was one at the bottom that they all pecked on relentlessly. That was my personal experience with them but I have experienced friends who have done them with no problem at all.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    Yeah, I try to keep this tank between Vietnam and the Malay Peninsula. I'll keep looking. There must be SOMETHING blue out there...Even dwarf gouramis are rude enough to hale from India and Nepal. The nerve of some fish.

Thanks for the input, everybody!

T
    blue panchax killifish

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Multiple female bettas in a tank together is called a sorority tank, and is something you can do for sure!
    If when you first put them in you see them fighting, (and by fighting I mean playing what looks like a game of tag,) that's totally normal and your bettas are establishing a pecking order. Females and a male I wouldn't do, but you can try it and see how aggressive your male is. Just make sure to have a back up tank for your male to go in if he is aggressive and you are unsuccessful. Good luck with your fish!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the friend request and congrats on the new pond! - Silbar   I'm sorry you lost a loach and thanks for the rep. - Silbar   An angel for your future tank...power of positive thinking! - Silbar   Have a Merry Christmas - Silbar   Merry Christmas - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! I ended up getting two blue females that were living together at the pet store. They are getting along fine and hang out together pretty much all the time. Given the size of my tank, I might try a couple more at some point, but for now, they're doing fine.