· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for all of your wonderful input. I appreciate it very much. - Silbar   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Have a book for all your research for yourself and Nat - steeler58   Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    I'm pretty sure the fish were thinking, "Holy crap! There's no place to hide! Every fish for themselves!"
    Yes! It looked like they once they stopped schooling they were looking to hide between the rocks in piles.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

well done - mac   well done - mac   for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   

1 Not allowed!
    Good to see you're back! I appreciate seeing Lieutenant Commander Data on the screen lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You made the right call. In memory of the one who didn't make it. - Strider199   To help you find your puffers - KingFisher   ...a replacement puffer for you. (Couldn't find a dinosaur!) - ~firefly~   chocolate makes everything better.  GL beating the ich - fishmommie   It's filled with good vibes, good luck - Cliff   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MandyK   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MandyK   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - MandyK   

2 Not allowed!
    I'm literally watching Next Generation for the first time in my life!

I joined a group actually. We watch five episodes a week and then get together to discuss. Kind of like a book club.

Data is the bomb!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You made the right call. In memory of the one who didn't make it. - Strider199   To help you find your puffers - KingFisher   ...a replacement puffer for you. (Couldn't find a dinosaur!) - ~firefly~   chocolate makes everything better.  GL beating the ich - fishmommie   It's filled with good vibes, good luck - Cliff   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MandyK   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MandyK   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - MandyK   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Welcome back,

Here is a video which you may find fun for the tiger barbs. I know its a huge tank. But the idea is similare minus the clown loaches.
    That's one of the main reasons I want them. I LOVE schooling fish! I've never had a tank with just one school in it. That's probably how this will go. Seriously considering dropping the Serpaes.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I know many ppl place the aquarium next to/under/over the TV, but personally I find it too distracting. I personally would never really be watching the TV lol. I barely watch it now and my showtank is adjacent to my TV....but I guess I could sneak in watching the tank instead of a movie if the two were in the same direction! I get busted as it is now lol.

You have nice tall long windows. I have my loveseat in front of a window in my conversation room, but my window starts above the couch. Personally I think it's fine to put a couch in front of windows, if it looks good aethetically. My little dog Chelsea likes to use the couch to see out the window :)
    Yes, that's really the only reason I agreed to put the couch there. The windows are still very visible and provide lots of light even with it there.

Haha! The reason I like the tank under the TV is for that exact reason. If I'm bored with the TV, I'll just switch right to the fish. :) But where the tank is now is still very central to the room, and gives anyone sitting on the couch a straight shot.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Welcome back, Mandy! I'm looking forward to following your build. I've always wanted to do a Barb tank, but as you stated, a 'fresh tank' is pretty much the way to go.

I'm so glad that you've got that... and now I'm *subscribed* to your journal.

You chose a nice placement for your tank. I'd imagine you will enjoy many viewing hours.
    Thank you! I will try not to disappoint.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the friend request and congrats on the new pond! - Silbar   I'm sorry you lost a loach and thanks for the rep. - Silbar   An angel for your future tank...power of positive thinking! - Silbar   Have a Merry Christmas - Silbar   Merry Christmas - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Great to have you back, Mandy. I love that your living room has mismatched furniture, Star Trek, a kids' go-toy, a model sailing ship, AND an aquarium. My kind of people!

If you're going planted, consider a dirt under sand substrate. Makes for very happy plants and low maintenance.

Mac, that video is outrageously cool.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the friend request and congrats on the new pond! - Silbar   I'm sorry you lost a loach and thanks for the rep. - Silbar   An angel for your future tank...power of positive thinking! - Silbar   Have a Merry Christmas - Silbar   Merry Christmas - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    P.S. How's the thought process going regarding tankmates? I've never been able to do species tanks--don't have the attention span to confine myself to one or two species--but a big school of tigers and nothing else (except some bottom feeders, of course) would be pretty cool...