· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Fish less Cycling Update:

Well still doing the fish less cycling, No worries though I insisted on sand for a substrate instead of gravel I personally just think it looks better myself more natural. Still waiting on the plants I ordered too. Thank You

Ph 7.6 ppm
    Ammonia 0.50 ppm
    Nitrites 0 ppm
    Nitrates 0 ppm

Unhappy

0 Not allowed!
    Day 19 of fish less cycling

Readings today. Ammonia 2.0 ppm and ph 7.0 ppm 0 ppm nitrites and 0 ppm nitrates still. Heater has been set to 84 and the air stone has been on ever since day one. I have tried Dr Tim's and TSS + and both have not produced any bacteria as of yet. Any other options? Thank You

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    How did ammonia go from .50 to 2.0 ppm in three days?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

0 Not allowed!
    That is what I would like to know. All I did was change the gravel to sand and this is the results that I have now today when testing the water. Any advice would be appreciated I have no clue what has happen
    Last edited by Fish For Life; 09-19-2017 at 11:35 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

0 Not allowed!
    bacteria in the bottles were dead

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    bacteria in the bottles were dead

I have been thinking the same thing. It really sucks I tried the TSS + and also Dr Tim's and neither one have helped. So I don't know what else to do I have tried twice to cycle this tank and it seems like it just wont cycle. Before I even tried the bacteria's in a bottle I tried just using ammonia and it also seemed like the tank would never cycle I then have tried bacteria and still have the same results. Therefore I am loss. I have tried to obtain some kind of media from pet stores and have had no luck from them either they told me they don't give out media I even offered to pay for media and they still would not help me with this issue. This is starting to be a waste of money it looks like with no true results.
    Last edited by Fish For Life; 09-20-2017 at 01:15 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I have never used the Dr. Tims stuff, or packaged bacteria.

If it were me, I'd add a filter, get an adjustable heater, and use ammonia only.

This is the stuff many of us use, with great results.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1307957

For water conditioner, I'd never use anything other than Seachem Prime.
    Bumping my own advice, if I may.

I'd start over, if I were you.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Bumping my own advice, if I may.

I'd start over, if I were you.
    I have no problem replacing the water for the third time and starting over once again but the real problem is what product do I use this time because nothing has worked as of yet that has been used for bacteria? So put ammonia in it and let it sit for 2 months? These makers who sell and produce these products in a bottle should not even be in business I mean if it is bacteria and not always kept cold wouldn't the bacteria be useless anyways? Just my thoughts about it.
    Last edited by Fish For Life; 09-20-2017 at 01:53 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    These makers who sell and produce these products in a bottle should not even be in business I mean if it is bacteria and not always kept cold wouldn't the bacteria be useless anyways before it even got to the consumer? Just my thoughts about it. I had a heated conversation with the maker of One and Only and he could provide no other information I wont state on this forum our heated conversation but I will state he did understand my concerns regarding the product and all he could say was sorry. I was like yeah thanks for robbing me with your product that doesn't seem to work, I hope you stay in business with your product that you have there that is dead bacteria in a bottle.
    Last edited by Fish For Life; 09-20-2017 at 02:00 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

0 Not allowed!
    If the bacteria in a bottle is not stored properly by the vendor, it will not work. The bacteria also have an expiration date. On Dr Tim site, it says it is only good for 6 months at room temperature.

Did you buy the product directly from Dr Tim site?