· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because I back our Blue...thanks for your service - Silbar   Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Have another angel fish... - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Update on the Swords..... They seem to be doing VERY well with their new location in the tank and the DIY ferts I made. In the 1 month or so since replanting and adding the ferts, they've each grown 4 new leaves and 1" in height with no die off whatsoever. I can't wait to get the new light as it should help not only the swords, but every other plant in the tank. I really hope that this continues as I love the look of the Amazon Sword.
    * 100gal show
    - planted w/ Crypts, Vals, Java Fern, Staurogyne repens and Amazon Swords
    - Neons, 4 Angelfish, Sunset Honey Gourami, BN Pleco, Spotted Sailfin
    Pleco, Odessa Barbs, Corydoras schwartzi, Serpae Tetras, Silver tip tetras
    * Fluval Spec V
    - Dwarf Gourami, , 1 Kuhli loach, 2 Black Phantom Tetras
    - planted w/ Crypts

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because I back our Blue...thanks for your service - Silbar   Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Have another angel fish... - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Agree as well about the gravel :) I have that crypt as well in one of my tanks, do you know what it is? The one in the right side foreground.
    :
    You're question and response to my answer has bugged me ever since. After doing some research, the best I can come up with is that I possibly have a species of Cryptocoryne parva as it resembles nearly every picture that I come across on the internet. From the way the leaves grow, their height and color of them as well as the leaf stems, it all matches. Looks like my LFS supplier either mislabeled them or doesn't know their Crypts.....they were labeled as Wendtii.
    * 100gal show
    * Fluval Spec V
    - planted w/ Crypts

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    There must be different types of parva as well, because I had parva in the exact same tank, it melted now but it was green and barely was tall enough to peak through the gravel. Very very tiny. Then there's another crypt in that tank lol, that looks like the stuff you and I have, but it is smaller than that stuff, and larger than the parva I had. Or at least labelled parva. Not sure what else or would've been though. Oh well, it's a nice crypt, glad you and I have them.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    There must be different types of parva as well, because I had parva in the exact same tank, it melted now but it was green and barely was tall enough to peak through the gravel. Very very tiny. Then there's another crypt in that tank lol, that looks like the stuff you and I have, but it is smaller than that stuff, and larger than the parva I had. Or at least labelled parva. Not sure what else or would've been though. Oh well, it's a nice crypt, glad you and I have them.
    That taller one you're referring to is actually from the same pot as the ones next to it, although I can't remember if you can see them in my photo's (I haven't looked back). That one came out of my son's 5g tank tank that had blasting sand as the substrate. It had been in my tank for about 3 weeks when I took that pic so it had some melting in between the transplant and pic. It seems to be starting to grow again though. So in short, the one's I originally placed in my tank are alot shorter and didn't do as well, but the 1/2 placed in the 5g, well you can see the difference. I think it was mainly due to the light.....it was alot closer to light in the 5g compared to my tank. That will all change next week as I'm ordering the new light this Friday.
    * 100gal show
    * Fluval Spec V
    - planted w/ Crypts

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dog View Post
    Update on the Swords..... They seem to be doing VERY well with their new location in the tank and the DIY ferts I made. In the 1 month or so since replanting and adding the ferts, they've each grown 4 new leaves and 1" in height with no die off whatsoever. I can't wait to get the new light as it should help not only the swords, but every other plant in the tank. I really hope that this continues as I love the look of the Amazon Sword.
    That is fantastic news, I am so very glad for you and your plants!
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; 1st with Bloody Mary and Rose shrimp and 2nd with Blue Dream shrimp
    Two-55 gallon tubs, 1st w/ 1BN pleco male, 3 clown pleco, gouramis, kuhli and female betta; 2nd w/female BN pleco, albino, panda and pgymy corys, and male betta.
    One tub with 90% plants and one Diva-pea puffer.

75g-now the TUB tanks:
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks
    75g-Goldfish Tank

DebinWhitmore