· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles with your dogs.  Best wishes hoping your other dog fully recovers. - angelcraze2   I'm sorry for your loss of Maggie - Silbar   No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish & Bird Kid View Post
    I wish I'd known that you love surprises! I ALMOST stopped by for a visit a couple weeks ago.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   New fish ;-) - steeler58   Just because :) - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Do you ever see cory eggs on your glass? Look for them! They can be removed with a razor and hatched seperately. I had a big batch of orange laser cories babies, 24 of them, I got the eggs from a friend's tank. Lol, the eggs hatched in the bag on the way home :)

Dupes are my favorite cory, I really hope you find more babies :)
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles with your dogs.  Best wishes hoping your other dog fully recovers. - angelcraze2   I'm sorry for your loss of Maggie - Silbar   No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    I never did see any eggs, although I wasn't really looking. These cories have been in the tank for 3 years. The only things I saw on a regular basis were my endlers (like puppies at the front of the tank all the time), the shrimp and snails (lots). The other fish stayed hidden so I got a glance from a distance when they thought I wasn't looking . Here's a pic before the trim - I wasn't sure what all was even still in there. It's still quite dense, but a little better. Will probably not trim too much more and see if anything else appears.

I seem to be getting a bacteria bloom now so I haven't taken an after picture (not sure you'd see much difference). Should I just wait this out or is there something I should be doing? Maybe I cleaned things a little too well? I even added a new purigen packet but that shouldn't have done anything.

Before the "thinning"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   New fish ;-) - steeler58   Just because :) - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Dose some Prime maybe in case there's any ammonia that pops up.

I've used good bacteria products to help with mini-cycles in the past, but I think all you have to do is make sure the ammonia is non-toxic and wait it out. If you have filter media from another tank, I would add that.

Nice tank Sue! Great plant growth :) I bet if you look more carefully, you'll find eggs on the glass. Give it a week or two :) No room on the bottom to lay eggs there!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

This. Is. SPS!!! - BIO-Linist   Now for somebody to spam you with discus - BIO-Linist   Discus and Beer! - Sandz   Thank you my friend! - JudiJetson   Your "light siesta" suggestion a while back worked wonders last week. Thanks! - ~firefly~   

1 Not allowed!
    Look at that lush jungle, lol. Also, nice find on the baby cory. I love finding surprises in the tank myself.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Fortunately, the bacterial bloom or whatever it was is gone. Tank has cleared up. BUT...looks like my iPhone is now dead - just dead. Is everything on there lost now? It was at 100% charged as I replanted a couple of crypts that came loose, then dead when I went to take a pic. Camera to the rescue. Here's an after pic, snails and all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For hanging out on a lazy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Thanks for the rep!  This is going to be fun! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the "gpld star". - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Sue, see this and note instructions at reboot:

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile...ng-your-iphone

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Hey Sue, see this and note instructions at reboot:

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile...ng-your-iphone
    Thank you so much. Since my phone was just a black screen, I tried the suggestion in the reboot section of holding down the home button along with the sleep/wake button. I didn't get either the red slider or the apple logo as stated, just the dead battery symbol, which quickly faded back to the black screen. BUT, this apparently did reboot something. I decided to just leave it on the charger for the night and I now see that the full screen has come back with the charging symbol where it's supposed to be. Again, thanks so much - you might have saved me a trip to the Apple store. I'll see if the charge holds. I know it was charged fully earlier today.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your signature is what I want to say to everyone on here. - aquariumlover10   Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on your baby. Always fun to find one you didn't expect
    Do as I say. Not as I do.