· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveThemAll1 View Post
    do you know to do it? i need to soak theire food with it right? whats the dosage?the fish is very small abot 5 cm with the tail. ty
    There should be dosing instructions with the medication.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for all of your wonderful input. I appreciate it very much. - Silbar   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Have a book for all your research for yourself and Nat - steeler58   Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    When trying to 'save' fish from bad water conditions, it's not advisable to put them in a new tank. I know you're trying to help them and that's commendable, but as mentioned, unfortunately their immune system may have already been severely compromised. There might not be too much you can do to save them unfortunately. Pineconing is usually a bacterial symptom, and sounds like there was possibly a internal parasite or (worms) in the tank.

I would use Kanaplex (Kanamycin) over Metro. You can dose Kanaplex right into the water since it has a special ingredient added to be water soluable. Paraguard is also another med good for different kinds of parasites and is added to the water as well.

I'm pretty sure the two meds can be combined, but not 100% sure.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwfish13 View Post
    30g is ok for an adult goldfish, it should be fine for a couple of small goldfish temporarily but not for long.

*correction, 30g should be ok for a single adult fancy. Not for a common or a sarrassa comet those get massive.
    The fish entire wieight is about 12 g so that's dosent make any sense.... and there is only one fish.. I have 2 gram of the pure powder, and I can mix with food, the question is how to do it and how much powder to put? there are no instruction for that the only instruction are for bath therapy

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for all of your wonderful input. I appreciate it very much. - Silbar   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Have a book for all your research for yourself and Nat - steeler58   Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.hikariusa.com/articles/medicated-feed/

For medicating food with Metro+
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    ty but I need the dosage for the pure powder. I think the product has more ingredient and its not 100% metro like what I have

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

0 Not allowed!