· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Goldfish Looking very sick, please help!

0 Not allowed!
    Hi. I have a 110 L tank with 3 small "fancy" goldfish. THe water parameters are fine ,(NH4 NO3 NO2), there is a 1400 L/H External filter and 350 LH internal filter. The tank is about 1 mounth old and the backround story is that a few days after I started the tank the fiish started to poop white poo. they were recieveing very high protein food for the first 5 days and switched to normal goldfish food. The first thing I did was to stop feeding them for 3 days and then gave them pea for 3 more days. 3 of the fish showed improvement but 4 didn't,so I started treatment with metro. second days of the treatment the fish passed away. Now we are 2 weeks after and 2 days ago one of the fish was crawling on the bottom of the tank having a really hard time to keep himself straight , not to mention swimming.. ive got arecommendation to give him a salt bath and so I did. yesterday the fish showed improvement, swimming around, still looking less active , but much better. I have no idea if the salt has anything to do with it. today he looks a bit worse.. he still looks much better then the first day of illness but he seems a bit weaker then yesterday. he also has a weired shape in his belly, its like his chest a bit puffed, then theres a narrow part and then at rear part of the belly puffed again, also his scales a bit piney.Another thing is today I saw different fish sitting on the bottom, when I got closed he started to swimm like everything is ok, but then I saw it again a few hours later. I have a bad feeling about this , I really appreciate your help. I really want them to be happy and feel good, please share any info you know. PS my English isn't the best so if something isn't clear then please note or ask, TY20170806_131412.jpg20170806_131412.jpg
    https://www.facebook.com/eldad.n.kat...4422315017727/
    20170806_131442.jpg
    20170806_131441.jpg
    20170806_131356.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    What are the number values for NH4 NO3 NO2? Fine does not tell us anything.

How did you cycled the tank?

How long was the cycle established before you added the fish?

White poo doesn't necessarily mean parasites. White poo can happen as the result of stress.

0 Not allowed!
    NH4 -0 NO3-10 NO2 -0
    cycling was putting the {4 small ones,about 5 cm} and doing water changes every 2 days for 2 weeks.
    about the white poo, as Iv entioned, ive waited abouy a week befor starting medicating. anyway the white poop isn't the problem right now, the problem is the weakness and the swim bladder issue. ive mentioned the history beacause maybe the simptomes help us understands what kind of issue is it and if theres a connection between the last sickness to the present one.
    thanks for your reply

0 Not allowed!
    Ive just noticed that he has a tiny red dot on his belly near his pectoral fin, does might indicate something?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    What is you source water?...tap?...have you tested the params of your source water?

What water conditioner do you use?...what is the temp of the tank?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

0 Not allowed!
    ive checked the source water,didnt see anything unusual, I'm using sera aquaten ,and I don't know the exact temp, its something around 28 C

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    28C (82.4F) is much too warm for goldfish, long term......http://thegoldfishtank.com/goldfish-...k-temperature/

Get Seachem Prime next time for your conditioner.
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 08-07-2017 at 01:54 PM.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

0 Not allowed!
    I'm using stripe cuz I didn't find any other test kit, and although its not relible I guess its for sure not more then 10, its stays completey white...

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    28C (82.4F) is much too warm for goldfish.
    your right but its summer here.. you have of how to cool the aquarium?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveThemAll1 View Post
    NH4 -0 NO3-10 NO2 -0
    cycling was putting the {4 small ones,about 5 cm} and doing water changes every 2 days for 2 weeks.
    about the white poo, as Iv entioned, ive waited abouy a week befor starting medicating. anyway the white poop isn't the problem right now, the problem is the weakness and the swim bladder issue. ive mentioned the history beacause maybe the simptomes help us understands what kind of issue is it and if theres a connection between the last sickness to the present one.
    thanks for your reply
    Sounds more like a bacterial infection in the fish due to fish dying within a week. I would get kanamycin sulfate like Seachem Kanaplex since it can be absorbed through the skin and still be effective. You can treat in the tank.

Did the bath have table salt or Epsom salt?