· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm just curious...what country are you located in?
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

0 Not allowed!
    in size its ok for them for now, they are 3 and each on is about 5 cm long. Furan isn't available either.. the closest thing that ive found was furanol from JBL.. I dexided to start treating with it.. does someone tried this med before?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveThemAll1 View Post
    in size its ok for them for now, they are 3 and each on is about 5 cm long. Furan isn't available either.. the closest thing that ive found was furanol from JBL.. I dexided to start treating with it.. does someone tried this med before?
    looks comparable to furan-2...

http://www.theaquariumwiki.com/Nifurpirinol

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, im still looking for further info and help. Right now the tank is being treated with furanol, the sick fish is in a plastic box inside the aquarium in order to keep him out from the currents and closer to the surface. He seems a bit better but still very bad. The other fish whom i concered about is bloated and have pune sacles, behaving and eating normally. Any suggestion? other medications and treatments that i should try? anything to help understand further the cause of this? Ty for your help

Default Goldfish very sick, please help!

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, I have a 120 liter tank{30 g} with 2 internal filters.The is about 2 mounth old and at the beginning there were 4 fancy goldfish there which came from bad conditions. a few days after the tank was set up one of the fish started to show signs of bloated belly and white stringy poop. I started with 3 days fast and 3 days of pea with no results , then started to treat with metro. about a week after the first signs the fish passed. ive finished the metro teatment and a few dyas after another fish started to show weired signs, this time of weakness and seems a bit hard for him to swim upwards. at this point ive got testing kit and starting to test the water. the results were fine as the amonia nitrit and nitrate were 0,0,10-25in a few tests i did. the weired thing was that the GH and KH parametrs were kinda off balanced and seem to be changing each time, sometimes showing "good" results and sometimes being to high. The next after the first signs the fish looked much worset and was stuck to the bottom. i gave him a very concentrated salt bath and one day later he looked better, swimming ok and just a bit less active. 2 days later he got worse again and was laying on his side most of the time.At this point i did a few things- I started treatment with Furanol of JBL, build a little semi isolated box inside the tank for him to be close to the surface and without currents,bought a thermometer {which showed the water temp i 32 C} and installed a fan to cool down the tank which took it to 25 C. right before i started the med treatment iv noticed that that fish and another fish has "pinecorn scales" although they werent bloated. three days later the fish showed improvment, both lost the pinecorn scales and very sick one looked better, still dosent float but swimmnig actively and eating. after that i did anothe course of the med{which is ok based on the instructions} and a day after that the sick one passed. now its about one week after and today ive noticed that the third fish is starting to get the pinecorn scales again. during all this time ive been doing water tests which showed ok, except for the GH and KH values.i also took a few tests of the tap water im filling the aquarium{Btw im usuing Seachem Prime when im changing water} and i saw that each time it showes diffrent reading of the KH and GH..could be that the tap water unbalanced KH and GH is the cause for all those problems? do you have other idea or reccomendations whatshould i do or how should i treat the fish?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    I have merged your 2 nearly identical threads.

Asking the same questions in different areas of the forum can cause confusion.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers