· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

Default Calling Betta owners to attention.

0 Not allowed!
    Hey every one,

I am wanting to get a nice article written up for the care of bettas. A current and upto date peer reviewed article.

Key points.

1. Tank size
    2. Understanding the species
    3. Proper care
    4. Tank mates.
    5. Crays and Frog compatibility.

So if any ones up for it post up.
    Currently adding some notes together for it. And am willing to share these with who ever up for the idea.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm totally up for this, and would love to add any useful experience I may have! When I've not been able to have legitimate tanks I've almost always had a betta somewhere to stave my aquatic urges. :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    That sounds like most of us when dealing with MTS.

Well if you want to start up a write up on your own and post it up I will add my notes to your thread if your interested.
    Post in here.

Thanks,

mac

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Mac. I have some down time here at my job so I can work a write-up over the next day if no one else is currently working on one.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    @BluewaterBoof I'm on days off lol I'd not have a chance to do a full write up for several days, you could definitely get through it before me. And I'm can be a but scatter brained whereas your posts are always well thought out lol you'd probably do better than I would!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Collaboration would work well then.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry Mac. I have part of an article typed up but haven't had a chance to finish it. Feast or famine in my line of work, and we just happened to have a huge influx of files come in the last couple of weeks. I'll have some down time this afternoon and I'll try dumping some more info into the article.

Are you going to want images and whatnot to be included, like a blog, or is an article of mainly text sufficient?

Will it be uploaded as a thread, first, to be peer-reviewed and edited, or will it be submitted straight to you guys to be uploaded as an actual article?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok so I got a pretty comprehensive write-up. About four pages long in Word. Covers everything from natural habitats, misconceptions, tank sizes, breeding, sexing, behavior, tank setup, etc. Made sure to put a lot of emphasis on tank size and the stance AC takes on using a proper home, per our discussion on FB. I can post it up on here as a normal thread for peer review and edits, if you want. That way everyone can weigh in and make corrections before it gets moved to a species page/care sheet.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a plan. Wonderful work there blue.