· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    It could be those adults are male and female. They get aggressive when breeding, well at least in my experience. Angels are most of the time docile but when they start breeding they get very aggressive.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Yes for sure, they become aggressive when they are about to lay eggs. When there are other fish in the tank, it's noticeable when you have a pair, they will work together to push the other fish to the opposite side of the spawning site. They will often swim side by side and start picking at an area, cleaning it to lay eggs on. My pairs who are alone fight on occasion, but it's mostly a disagreement once the eggs are laid. A new pair might be more inclined to lip-lock and test eachother's parental strengths. If one parent is an egg-eater, the other angel will fight hard to keep that parent away. Sometimes they allow the egg-eater back in an hour or so.

But I've also had two angels together who did not get along. When I was trying to find a mate for my first angelfish ever, I added an adult from the LFS, the new angel was so aggressive, it split my angel's dorsal fin all the way down. They were also probably in a tank that was on the small side, but it was obvious I couldn't keep those two together. Occasional pushing and hiding is normal, but if one is pinning the other against the glass, or hiding all the time, that is reason to get involved. With 4 angelfish in the tank, you are spreading the aggression, I think it's a much better idea if the two you already have are not breeding.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 03-20-2018 at 04:55 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!

Here's a vid I shot last night, I sped it up 2x to make the vid shorter and get the point across. The gold pearlscale and big platinum are a breeding pair just moved into the 120g from a breeder tank. Notice how they work together and swim alongside eachother and peck at the vallisneria leaves.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat