· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because you always have an encouraging and kind word for everyone - Silbar   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the kind words - steeler58   correct guess - mac   Because you are the best! - discusluv   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dog View Post
    Good news! He/she seems to settling in nicely. Today was the 1st time it actually ate food and didn't spit it out. Still a little skiddish but getting better.
    I'm so glad she is healing! She is very fortunate that you happened to spot her, inquire after her, and were willing to provide her a nice home. Well done of you!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   

1 Not allowed!
    Good job for sure, being so patient and getting her to eat! What a beautiful angel :) I can see her dorsal fin is already healing, sealing together. Thanks so much for saving this gorgeous angelfish.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 10-10-2017 at 09:43 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

First round is on me, Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Another beer to help make up missing your birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday - Taurus   Hope you had a great Birthday! - discusluv   Thanks for the rep, the message meant a lot as well!  Tx! - angelcraze2   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Been a few months since we heard from LD on this thread, hope all is well
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because I back our Blue...thanks for your service - Silbar   Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Been a few months since we heard from LD on this thread, hope all is well
    Sorry Slap, been super busy with life. Both boys played fall baseball and the went right into wrestling season. My oldest made the middle school wrestling team and went 7-4 on the season, and placed 5th in regionals for his weight class. Not too bad for being a 6th grader wrestling 7th & 8th graders!

Anyway, things are going good now with the "new abused addition". The first month was great and everything healed up nice, but then the bullying started in my tank. I have a fully grown Koi Angel and for whatever reason it painted a bullseye on the new adult. I did notice after weeks of watching that the aggression was mainly right after feeding. I changed the feeding time of the tank to just before lights out and it seems to have worked for the most part. I'll have to get some newer pics up soon.
    * 100gal show
    - planted w/ Crypts, Vals and Amazon Swords
    - Neons, Marble Angelfish, Sunset Honey Gouramis, BN Pleco, Spotted Sailfin
    Pleco, Odessa Barbs, Corydoras schwartzi, Corydoras panda, GB Rams
    * Fluval Spec V
    - 3 fancy guppies, 1 Serpae Tetra, 1 Black Phantom Tetra
    - planted w/ Vals and Crypts
    * Fluval Spec V
    - 3 fancy guppies, 2 Serpae Tetras
    - planted w/ Water Onions and Crypts

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   

2 Not allowed!
    Nice! You were able to make it work out between the two angels? Cudos! I have never tried. Only two angels in the tank? Yeah, it's always tricky to add another angelfish to a tank with original angels. I'm glad you were able to calm them down. Also moving decor around so that the angelfish have to stake out new territory can help, or sometimes when my angels are feisty and I'm in a jam, I'll add a tall fake plant (even placed upside-down hanging from the top) to provide a space for the angels to hide, block line of sight and separate territory. My pairs don't always get along...when I add the fake plant the aggressor angel is more interested in the new decor and distracted from going after their partner (usually the male is chasing the female).
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

First round is on me, Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Another beer to help make up missing your birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday - Taurus   Hope you had a great Birthday! - discusluv   Thanks for the rep, the message meant a lot as well!  Tx! - angelcraze2   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dog View Post
    Sorry Slap, been super busy with life. Both boys played fall baseball and the went right into wrestling season. My oldest made the middle school wrestling team and went 7-4 on the season, and placed 5th in regionals for his weight class. Not too bad for being a 6th grader wrestling 7th & 8th graders!

Anyway, things are going good now with the "new abused addition". The first month was great and everything healed up nice, but then the bullying started in my tank. I have a fully grown Koi Angel and for whatever reason it painted a bullseye on the new adult. I did notice after weeks of watching that the aggression was mainly right after feeding. I changed the feeding time of the tank to just before lights out and it seems to have worked for the most part. I'll have to get some newer pics up soon.
    Good to hear from you again, and congrats to your oldest son!...glad to hear the fish are doing good, too
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   great job on figuring out your photos - bpete   

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear all is well Law Dog
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    thats awesome, well done!!!!!!
    are you gonna pair it?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because I back our Blue...thanks for your service - Silbar   Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riyadh View Post
    thats awesome, well done!!!!!!
    are you gonna pair it?
    Probably not as it's not that great of a specimen. The only reason I picked it up was because it had been moved to a tank with very small tank mates. For some reason this Angelfish is very timid and won't defend itself at all.
    * 100gal show
    * Fluval Spec V
    * Fluval Spec V

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Nice! You were able to make it work out between the two angels? Cudos! I have never tried. Only two angels in the tank? Yeah, it's always tricky to add another angelfish to a tank with original angels. I'm glad you were able to calm them down. Also moving decor around so that the angelfish have to stake out new territory can help, or sometimes when my angels are feisty and I'm in a jam, I'll add a tall fake plant (even placed upside-down hanging from the top) to provide a space for the angels to hide, block line of sight and separate territory. My pairs don't always get along...when I add the fake plant the aggressor angel is more interested in the new decor and distracted from going after their partner (usually the male is chasing the female).
    Yes, for now they seem to be OK and have been for over 1 month now. The adult Koi Angel will occasionally chase it to one side of the tank but not nearly as brutal as before. I have 2 other
    Angels in the tank but they're only about 1/2 grown. I can start to see some aggressive behavior out of one of them though. I hope it doesn't get worse or I may have to make a decision on what to do with the timid one.

I have plenty of live plants in there and my Vals have taken over the bank of the tank now. I still have the giant rock in there and that's where the timid Angel goes to get away from aggression. I never thought I'd see an Angel go into the cave part of that rock as they have to turn sideways to get in there, lol.

I've still been unable to sex the 2 adult Angels. Either I don't know what I'm looking at or it's more difficult then I thought, lol.
    * 100gal show
    * Fluval Spec V
    * Fluval Spec V