· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

Post Update for POTM [Important to Read.]

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys,

The POTM is getting a small adjustment for now.

Whats new for POTM is,

1. Submissions
    2. Voting
    3. Winner announcement

Will all be held in thePhoto Section.

4. Winner Movement.

This is the only thing which will confuse a few people, but is not actually overly important.
    Once the winner has been Announced and shown they thread will stay in the Photo section till the end of the month.
    Then it will be shifted to the Correct location in POTM sub forum for proper storage.

I have done no changeing regarding IMAGE sizes.
    When images are submitted they must be no more than 800 pixels wide. Photographs can be less than 800 pixels wide.

To submit Images a link will be dropped into each "POTM submission thread" for every one participating to click on and email the image.
    Please note I want Forum user name in the email so I can keep track of the Images properly.
    Also Please pm me [mac] so that I can be sure I have recived all emails.

Voting will be the same as normal. Link with the rules will be Posted when the "POTM Voting Open'' is posted.

Thank you,

mac
    Last edited by mac; 08-01-2017 at 05:55 AM. Reason: adding extra dimensions

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

merry xmas XD - genocidex   for your kind words! - C-Dub   Welcome Skinner! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Rue   Happy B-Day! - Rue   

0 Not allowed!
    Just to be clear, you won't accept pictures that are more OR less than 800 pixels? In otherwords, they have to be exactly 800 pixels? No bigger and no smaller? Does that apply only to their width, or to their vertical height, as well?
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, that part confused me as well.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    Just to be clear, you won't accept pictures that are more OR less than 800 pixels? In otherwords, they have to be exactly 800 pixels? No bigger and no smaller? Does that apply only to their width, or to their vertical height, as well?
    Hey Mermaidwannabe,

Thank you for pointing that out to me
    It completly slipped my mind.

At this stage I was thinking of 800x800 Pixels for the image size. Keeps them the same and easy for viewing on line.
    Any thoughts?? Nothing to change this over, to suit.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

merry xmas XD - genocidex   for your kind words! - C-Dub   Welcome Skinner! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Rue   Happy B-Day! - Rue   

0 Not allowed!
    In my opinion, insisting that they all be exactly the same size is a little rigid. I can understand not wanting them bigger than 800 pixels, but I feel that smaller photos should also be allowed, as long as they aren't too small. Obviously, we don't want thumbnails, but some pics might compose better or crop better if their width and height could be allowed to vary. Some compositions might not lend themselves that well to being totally square. But, you're in charge of the competitions, so you make the rules. I just think the sizing should be a little more flexible.

When photos are taken, sometimes one turns the camera vertically to do more justice to a taller or thinner subject, and other times the composition fits better in a horizontal orientation. To have them sized so they're all completely square could in some cases diminish the visual appeal.

Those are my thoughts on it. You did ask for input.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm i can understand your thoughts on that. And am open for the ideas.

The issue why i decided to get ridged with the rules at this stage came from the last round which failed.

There were a lot of complaints about photo sizes and quality due to the sizes.

Ie tall ones and square ones. This lead to images not been seen to well apparently. Though on my browser on laptop phone and tv all images seemed perfect to me.

Hence why i though make all images the same.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have decided to lax the rules this time and see what happens with the status quo.