· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!

90 gallon - Community tank - Journal
    10 gallon - Crystal Black Shrimp tank - Journal

"It's my whimsical colorful slice of paradise." - Debra Mozurkewich
    Rest in peace, Deb. We miss you.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    And now Momma #2. This is the one that I caught sporting a saddle on Monday. Photo of male riding her back is in Post #24. She wasn't holding two days ago, and she wasn't around much yesterday, so I think it's fairly safe to assume she dropped these yesterday while she was staying out of sight.

I apologize for the lack of clarity here...I'm using a crappy Nokia Windows phone that is several years old. I have no macro imaging capabilities at all with this thing. What you are seeing here, for those who aren't familiar with raising shrimp, is the female holding the fertilized eggs and occasionally fanning them with her pleopods (swimmerets). This is her way of passing fresh water over the eggs to prevent stagnation/mold.

One nice thing about having a simplistic scape with no where to hide, along with a small initial colony size, is the ease at which I can study each shrimp in detail.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    I also opted for a simple scape when I put together my shrimp tank for that reason. I wanted to be sure I could see them and understand their behaviors so that I would have a better chance of noticing if something was amiss since I had never kept them before. Doing so has opened a whole new world of aquatics to me!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have an order for dwarf water lettuce and frogbit coming in on Monday from Han. See which one I like best. I really like the look of roots hanging in the water. I've already used duckweed in a couple of my setups in the past, so I'm wanting to give the water lettuce and frogbit a try.

My neocaridina that I've kept love to graze upside-down in the hanging roots. I'm hoping that my crystals will enjoy it, as well. Should also give babies a nice refuge, kind of like moss.