· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Cool!....I hope you get some shrimplets
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   For the nice vid ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on the 2nd spawn. - Silbar   A bit of good luck can't hurt during Irma. Stay safe as possible. - Taurus   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    Shrimp don't even realize they're going to a nice new bigger home.

WP_20170717_002[1].jpg

WP_20170717_011[1].jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

4 Not allowed!
    Big Momma

wp_ss_20170717_0007.png

And then I see these two wrestling around. When I got in close, I could see that she's saddled, as well.

WP_20170717_015.jpg

Moving them now couldn't have come at a better time. If I had waited any longer, I could have ended up with hatchings in the old 10g, which would have been a major inconvenience. I would have had to keep the 10g up for weeks, waiting for babies to show themselves.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just pretend it's a cardinal, lol - Slaphppy7   Here's to 5 years, bud. - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the rep! - WhistlingBadger   Here is some coffee so you have lots of energy to get ready to order fish from Wetspot! - discusluv   16K posts! - Slaphppy7   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Looking good ;-)
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

4 Not allowed!
    V__0B1B.jpg

In a perfect world, I would be surrounded on all sides by tanks, but this'll do...for now

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thank you for the moss - Hockey nut   For being a good sport ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   You deserve a medal for all of your hard work! - Silbar   Hang in there, you will get it all done! - RiversGirl   

1 Not allowed!
    Very nice!
    75g- Plecos, Rainbowfish, Edlers, Espei, Gouramis, Cory, Loaches, Amano, and misc.
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; one with 4 chili rasbora & Bloody Mary and second with Blue Dream shrimp
    5.5g- Rescue female betta Lucky Star
    20L- Rescue betta Tony Stark and pygmy corys
    20L- Pygmy cory, 2 vampire/rock shrimp, ember tetras and female guppies

75g:
    Nat's 20L Tanks
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks, Nat!

The scape in the 20long is temporary. I'm getting some nice spiderwood and going to be tying some Java fern and some anubias nana var petite to it. I wanted to do a bunch of buce, but I can't keep it alive for some reason. I even tried putting it right next to my Finnex in a injected tank with EI dosing. Buce pearled all day every day but melted away.

You've been having some success, no? Can you share any tips on this stuff? I know Han sent me a good shipment. Plants looked really good when they arrived and have just deteriorated over the weeks. It's like turning dark brown and disappearing.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thank you for the moss - Hockey nut   For being a good sport ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   You deserve a medal for all of your hard work! - Silbar   Hang in there, you will get it all done! - RiversGirl   

0 Not allowed!
    My buce is doing well, much better now that its affixed to the spiderwood in the shrimp tanks. I don't have it set up with CO2 or EI either, and it doesn't show any deficiencies. Maybe try less is more with them?

I got my first buce from the Expo 2 years ago- a upper brownie ghost, my second batch was a sampler from https://buceplant.com.

Here's some care info on them from their site

Bucephalandra is a genus of flowering plant endemic to Borneo, grown on the banks of fast flowing streams and rivers. There are hundreds of different species, most considered rare in the US aquarium trade despite their growing demand and popularity. They are very similar in appearance to Anubias, with leaves growing out of rhizomes which can be attached to any hard surface using glue or line. Their care is similar to that of Anubias and Cryptocorynes. Rhizomes with a few leaves and roots can be cut and glued or tied to rock and wood for new growth. Although considered a slow grower, they can flourish under high light as well as thrive in low tech tanks alongside Mosses, Ferns and Crypts.
    Their versatility and ease in care are what make the plant so sought after for planted tanks, paludariums, terrariums, or even ponds. Many species commonly produce flowers.
    Although some keepers may experience melting leaves when first introducing stressed Bucephalandra to a new tank much like what happens to Cryptocoryne. The plant rarely loses all its leaves and the process of slow and gradual. As long as the rhizome is intact, the plant will be able to bounce back and sprout new growth once acclimated to the tank.
    If the rhizomes are still there-maybe they will come back?

They also like to grow emersed as well. I would love to set up a palladium tank with them submerged and emersed in a river type setup-maybe a 40 breeder, but that will be a couple years away-if it happens.

Hope you can save your buce. Its really a gorgeous little plant-or big depending on the variety, lol.
    75g- Plecos, Rainbowfish, Edlers, Espei, Gouramis, Cory, Loaches, Amano, and misc.
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; one with 4 chili rasbora & Bloody Mary and second with Blue Dream shrimp
    5.5g- Rescue female betta Lucky Star
    20L- Rescue betta Tony Stark and pygmy corys
    20L- Pygmy cory, 2 vampire/rock shrimp, ember tetras and female guppies

75g:
    Nat's 20L Tanks
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    That is a great excerpt; thank you for sharing. Puts my mind to ease as it states high light is good and I may bounce back. Fingers crossed!

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast