· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    Lots of activity this morning. For me this is usually a sign that the females have recently hatched their old eggs and have a new batch to be fertilized. Now that the tank is filling in with plants, it's becoming more and more difficult to spot babies.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the laugh! - BluewaterBoof   Congratulations on the return! - AmazonJoe   Thank you for your inside and suggestions - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   You need one more for the 17ft tank lol - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Nice job, Boofmeister. Keep up the good work.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Everything is doing really good in this tank. Rotala and bacopa are doing nicely, the staurogyne is great and compact. The eleocharis is nice and thick. Xmoss is amazing, even the ratty java moss that I use to hide the filter is looking pretty good.

The only issue in having with the tank is the algae growing on my buce. The buce in the shade of the tree isn't too bad, but even those leaves aren't nearly as beautiful as they used to be. I've tried cutting back on light intensity, light duration, increasing phosphates, leaning out micros...nothing seems to work. @Spardas, any ideas bud? I've seen lots of others on high-tech groups have luck with buce under high light. I even had Tom Barr show me his buce that he grows right near the surface of one of his tanks that gets strong light. Not a hint of algae. Either he's lying (hard to believe) or there is something I'm not thinking of...

WP_20171119_006.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Shot of tank from other end

WP_20171119_007.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the laugh! - BluewaterBoof   Congratulations on the return! - AmazonJoe   Thank you for your inside and suggestions - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   You need one more for the 17ft tank lol - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Boof, your inbox full?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    What's your lighting schedule?
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    This tank looks great as well! Beautiful greens, in a pleasing spread. Very nice job.
    I guess it was Christmas Moss that I had too - it looked just like what you've got. It does make for a pretty moss, agree.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Looking very good. Watch out boof is the new takashi amano.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    What's your lighting schedule?
    It was already lowered to 7hrs. I just knocked it down to 6hrs to see if that stops the algae. I don't want to go any lower than that. I still would like my marsilea carpet to be done sometime this century hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Looking very good. Watch out boof is the new takashi amano.
    Psssh, I wish, dude! Sometimes I can't help but wonder what I could put together if I had the budget Takashi and others have/had. My tanks are always built around super small budgets and pieced together over long periods of time. If you go back to the beginning of this journal you'll see that the original tank looked nothing like what it is today. I've watched enough aquascaping and Amano vids to understand how to put together a good hardscape, but when I see them pull out several 9L bags of Amazonia and dump it around 12 pounds of Seiryu stone just to get a decent scape going I get a bit jealous haha Or when Amano has his helpers carry out trays full of plants all I can think about is how many hundreds of dollars-worth of plants he's just nonchalantly grabbing with tweezers and plugging into the scape. Me? I'm like using cheap bags of sand with a thin cap of Amazonia, some basalt stones picked up on hikes, and sitting there for three hours pulling two little $10 pots of hairgrass apart into a hundred tiny little pieces to spread out across a large area

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Have you tried amano shrimp for your algae? Check out this video - he has used a combo of siamese algae eaters and amanos

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast