· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   New fish ;-) - steeler58   Just because :) - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Just part of the genetic code I guess. It was the gold Marble gene that was first introduced I believe. Gold Marble is different than Marble. Marble will have much more black coverage than gold Marble. Genetics-so much to learn!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Anglecraze2 for the information. I don't know how old my angelfish are. I bought them last week at a small little aquarium shop. The girl that helped me was on her 2nd day. She was young and didn't seem to know a lot about fish. So I didn't ask a lot of questions. The angelfish bodies from mouth to end of tailfin are around four inches. A third of that length is fin. They are at least six inches tall from top fin to rear bottom fin. The front "fins" are at least 6 to 8 inches long. Generally speaking their bodies are about 2 inches by 2 inches. I've seen other angelfish that were larger. So I'm assuming they are not grown yet.
    Again, thanks for the info!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Thanks everyone for filling my little brain with knowledge. Especially to those letting me know about my catfish. I bought these at "PetSmart". The label stated their max length is 4". I just looked online and found most websites state these catfish get big! Up to 18". Also online, PetSmart has these fish on sale and in their add they state the fish max length is 6". I'll be going back to PetSmart this week.
    Again, thanks to everyone for all the help!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    I go to Petsmart for aquarium plants. Every once in a while I'll submit to an impulse buy if they have a good deal on some bulk fish. But I never ever look at the little care sheets/placards they have. They are almost always wrong and usually lead to 90% of the problems new hobbyists run into with their first tanks. They're in the business of selling stuff, so they don't want to scare away a potential sale by stating how aggressive a certain fish is or how they need large tanks, and the employees are usually just average kids who are looking for a summer job and don't know any better.

This site should be the go-to for you when researching new fish. They usually err on the side of caution with things like suggested habitat sizes, water parameters, and tank mates.