· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

Default Petco $1 gallon sale (kinda?)

1 Not allowed!
    Petco is doing it again, they have a $1 gallon sale going on starting yesterday. The caveat is it is $1/gallon for those tanks up to 29 gallons. The 40B and 55 gallons are 50% off, so $50 for the 40B and $65 for the 55.

extra_large.jpg
    extra_large (1).jpg

Buggers! I think I will wait for Petsmart or PetsuppliesPlus $1/gallon sale where they include 10, 20L, 29, 40G and 55 gallons. It's only $10 more but the lids are pricey (especially the 40B so I could use the $10 on that).
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Yay! I've been waiting for a 20long! Thanks, Nat!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    The store I was in yesterday was prepared for the sale too as they had plenty of tanks. Don't know about your local stores though.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Think its nationwide...
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Yes, thanks for spreading the word, Nat.

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Yay! I've been waiting for a 20long!
    I really like the footprint of it. I'm sure you will too! What are your plans with this new tank?
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A guppy to get you started. - Slaphppy7   Have a beer for being another sports fan ;-) - steeler58   Here's a super rare guppy lol - AmazonJoe   Merry Christmas - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    I picked up two 20Gs. Started setting up the first for my Ram tank. A stainless steel pan full of sand slipped from my wet hands and I shattered it. So I guess it's a two bucks a gallon sale for me this time. :(

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    I really like the footprint of it. I'm sure you will too! What are your plans with this new tank?
    I wanted to make a more suitable long-term tank for my crystal shrimp. Since it has the same footprint as my old 29g, I can use some of my old stuff like my Sat+ LED and glass lid, as well as my little SunSun 302 canister. I mainly want to start with a nice new fresh substrate (already have the ADA Amazonia on order) as my Eco Complete in their current tank is about two years old and still a bit dirty from the previous setups it was used in. I also wanted the extra gallons for stability purposes and able to house a larger population if they start breeding a lot.

I'm thinking a much more simplistic scape. Some spiderwood pieces with buce and moss attached it them.

Amazonia tends to break down over time as it buffers water. I'm hoping that by using strictly RODI water that I can extend its life to a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    I picked up two 20Gs. Started setting up the first for my Ram tank. A stainless steel pan full of sand slipped from my wet hands and I shattered it. So I guess it's a two bucks a gallon sale for me this time. :(
    Dude, that SUCKS :(

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    Really sorry that this mishap happened.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A guppy to get you started. - Slaphppy7   Have a beer for being another sports fan ;-) - steeler58   Here's a super rare guppy lol - AmazonJoe   Merry Christmas - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Really sorry that this mishap happened.
    No big deal, though it was aggravating to have to remove 40LBs of wet sand right after I installed it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    40lbs of sand in a 20g??? Good lord what kind of monstrous roots were you going to attempt to grow in there?