· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poecilia Wingei

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thanks for showing us your white platinum roundtails - RiversGirl   

1 Not allowed!
    Indeed! Those El tigre endlers are one of the smallest N-class endlers there are. Have to note that this strain does not have a large number of offspring each batch. Overhere I have 2 tanks full of them. One located on the south and one located on the north. The tank on the south has more males in it than the one on the north. This is because it's a lot warmer on the south part of the house. It's a trick a lot of breeders use to influence the ratio male/female offspring.
    This is definitely an endler which you can keep in a smaller tank without any problems. I do cull the females on one specific feature which is the dorsal. To breed male offspring with as much black markings on its body, you should use females with black dorsals. Females with a clear dorsal reproduce male offspring with less black markings.
    Overhere some juvenile males which have already started to get color.
    DSCF3006.JPG

Devoted aquarist ever since early 1970's...
    Breeder of rare livebearers...
    Specific focus on guppies (fancy, wild and wildtype) and endlers (wild and fancy)...
    Breeder, exhibitor & aquaristic consultant

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles with your dogs.  Best wishes hoping your other dog fully recovers. - angelcraze2   I'm sorry for your loss of Maggie - Silbar   No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    I would still like to find some of the blue star variety ;-)

I got 10 of the Blue Star from Aquatic Arts and the green ones (they were called Green Lightning, I think), I got from Rachel O'Leary.

Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for your comcern and healing thoughts - Silbar   I wish I could give you a hug. - Silbar   Thinking of you ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Sue, your blue stars are quite pretty.
    This has been a very intriguing thread to read.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I've never heard of green lightning endlers. When I look at the endlers, I do see a black bar endler or a limegreen endler. Unculled limegreens tend to look like regular black bar endlers.

Specific focus on guppies (fancy, wild and wildtype) and endlers (wild and fancy)...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for your comcern and healing thoughts - Silbar   I wish I could give you a hug. - Silbar   Thinking of you ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldking View Post
    When I look at the endlers, I do see a black bar endler or a limegreen endler. Unculled limegreens tend to look like regular black bar endlers.
    The above makes me wonder: What do you look for, to tell them apart, then? (Differentiating the unculled limegreen endler from a regular black bar endler.)
    Is it only after breeding that you can determine? I'm curious, is all.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles with your dogs.  Best wishes hoping your other dog fully recovers. - angelcraze2   I'm sorry for your loss of Maggie - Silbar   No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldking View Post
    I've never heard of green lightning endlers. When I look at the endlers, I do see a black bar endler or a limegreen endler. Unculled limegreens tend to look like regular black bar endlers.
    I know next to nothing about the genetics or strains of endlers, other than what little I read on some of the sites - there are too many, including all of the hybrids which just look like other endlers to me. I'm only going by what the seller called them and I liked their coloring.

I have two females of this "strain", whatever it is, that I got as fry and I was able to separate them out from the males before any breeding took place. I'm so tempted to see if they'll breed and see what I get. I've even thought about taking one female to put with one of the green males and put the other female with a blue star male and see what results I get. But my years of guppy overpopulation still haunt me.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    The above makes me wonder: What do you look for, to tell them apart, then? (Differentiating the unculled limegreen endler from a regular black bar endler.)
    Is it only after breeding that you can determine? I'm curious, is all.
    These look more like limegreen endlers to me. In a way limegreens are also a bit more slender than a typical black bar endler. Also the green markings on its body is similar to a limegreen endler. Commercial way, endlers which do have an official name like e.g. limegreen endlers can be called differently. Limegreens are often called emeraldgreen in Asia for instance. But also neon green is one of them. But limegreen was the first name these endlers got.

If they're real limegreen endlers and you'll use a limegreen female to cross with a blue star male, it probably might result in a socalled green chest blue star. Overhere a picture of such a cross assuming that such a female used is a genuine limegreen endler.
    943355_586816454698717_1318663180_n.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    For anyone interested in endlers, Aquatic Arts just got some lime green endlers back in stock. I love the colors on mine, although mine came from Rachel O'Leary. But the Blue Star endlers I got from Aquatic Arts are looking really good and doing very well also.

https://aquaticarts.com/products/lim...nt=37601000908