· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to a cycled tank... - Slaphppy7   You need a fish, here's a Bolivian Ram - Slaphppy7   

Default Corydora versus the plants

1 Not allowed!
    So I have a moderately planted tank and some julii Cories, well every morning I wake up to floating plants, my tiger lotus isn't getting a chance to root, nor are my bacopa. It is actually stunting the growth of my lotus. Anyone else have problems with cories uprooting plants?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I have a tank of corys, kuhli and dojo loaches as well as one large BN pleco. I attempted to switch to stem plants and over $50 worth of plants were trashed because they could not be left alone. Try putitng a river rock or two around the lotus until it roots. as for the bacopa-you may just have to root it by floating and then bury it later when it has a larger root system. I have all rooted or bulb plants now (crypts, apanos, swords, anubias, tiger lotus, and bolbitis) -doesn't say they don't uproot some smaller plants regularly-but its a lot less than before with the stem plants. Matter of fact the BN just uprooted two of my smaller swordplants and ate the roots on it. Was a bit ticked off at that one.
    Last edited by Boundava; 06-29-2017 at 02:53 PM.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    I have planted tanks with corydoras and don't have any problem, although I don't have any bacopa. Vals, cabomba, dwarf sag, nymphae, ludwigia, etc.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to a cycled tank... - Slaphppy7   You need a fish, here's a Bolivian Ram - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    My crypts are mature and rooted and never get ripped out nor do my hygrophila with massive roots. I'm surprised my bacopa is uprooted as it is the species that looks like cabomba aquatics. I'm getting frustrated with the lotus because it is throwing out tons of roots but is getting beat up by the cories

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Try the river rocks on the surface until it becomes more secure.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    I have had cories in every one of my planted tanks, never had a problem.

You could try gluing your plant(s) to some small pebbles using gel Krazy Glue. That will keep them from floating until they've had a chance to establish some good roots.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I'll try the rock ideas! All
    My rooted plants seem to stay put so hopefully when they throw out roots I'll be good

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    I think once it gets a chance to grow without being disturbed it will be fine too.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore