· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    What did you have in your hand before you put it in the tank? That's so cute, I love them too!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    What did you have in your hand before you put it in the tank? That's so cute, I love them too!
    Nothing! They're just really curious. As soon as they see/feel/smell my hand in the tank, they start moving that direction. Pretty soon I have a few on my hand, nibbling on me and seeing what's going on. It's actually hard to vacuum the sand in this tank because they are always all over the siphon! :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    Nothing! They're just really curious. As soon as they see/feel/smell my hand in the tank, they start moving that direction. Pretty soon I have a few on my hand, nibbling on me and seeing what's going on. It's actually hard to vacuum the sand in this tank because they are always all over the siphon! :)
    Wow, that's so awesome, I really have to look into these!Garra-flavatra-juvies.jpg
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 11-20-2018 at 05:03 PM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    They are currently my favorite "bottom" feeder. I put it in quotes because, while they are substrate feeders, they're up on the plant leaves, the hardscape, the sides of the tank...and on my hand when I'm working in the tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Nitrates have been rather high on this tank for a while--around 30-40. It is slowly coming down, but still high. Today, I'm seeing a resurgence of columnaris/white mouth, and one of the aussies has about four half-inch long white threads trailing off its tail fin. I'm guessing that's some sort of parasite, correct? Time to order more paraguard...

On the plus side, the silt situation is getting under control, the spiral val is starting to establish, cabomba is really growing well. Overall the tank is looking great. Just need to get everybody healthy again.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    Nitrates have been rather high on this tank for a while--around 30-40. It is slowly coming down, but still high. Today, I'm seeing a resurgence of columnaris/white mouth, and one of the aussies has about four half-inch long white threads trailing off its tail fin. I'm guessing that's some sort of parasite, correct? Time to order more paraguard...

On the plus side, the silt situation is getting under control, the spiral val is starting to establish, cabomba is really growing well. Overall the tank is looking great. Just need to get everybody healthy again.
    Is the water on the softer side?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Without a pic it's hard to say. Could be slime coat.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Without a pic it's hard to say. Could be slime coat.
    Yeah, I tried--the critter wouldn't hold still.
    @Rocksor, no, I keep it pretty hard for the Rainbows. GH around 16 degrees.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Did you remove a bunch of the dirt in this tank?
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, sucked out a bunch on the left-hand side. Still getting some silt over there, source unknown. As long as I vacuum it every week it doesn't get out of control.

Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast