· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Tank looks dreamy to work with in the last pic. So you dirted this tank? Then sand? DW pieces are amazing, great job scaping as you always do, but this is your first large tank away from home. I'm interested what you planted?

Sorry, I don't mean to rush you, I'm just very excited for you to be able to do this!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger
    Added a cup of oyster grit to the filter; hardness is coming up gradually
    I assume you know the parameters of the tap water? Maybe the tank? Could you list them if you can? I'm so curious.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Hi ac. Tap water is neutral pH and zero GH and kh. Not softened. We just have extremely soft tap water. Yep, soil under sand. Some serious cloudiness going on. Hopefully will clear up in a few days. Cories are acting healthy and hungry. Rainbows hate the qt tank but look healthy. One has a bit of mouth fungus. Nothing paragard shouldn't handle.

Yep, this is really an honor. But I am also quite anxious about it. I have never done a tank this big, and I have never done one for someone else. So...lots of fun, but a bit nerve wracking.

I am working on a Kindle, which doesn't seem to hurt my eyes quite as badly...trying to posts couple pics taken with my phone. It won't let me...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    Hi ac. Tap water is neutral pH and zero GH and kh. Not softened. We just have extremely soft tap water. Yep, soil under sand. Some serious cloudiness going on. Hopefully will clear up in a few days. Cories are acting healthy and hungry. Rainbows hate the qt tank but look healthy. One has a bit of mouth fungus. Nothing paragard shouldn't handle.

Yep, this is really an honor. But I am also quite anxious about it. I have never done a tank this big, and I have never done one for someone else. So...lots of fun, but a bit nerve wracking.

I am working on a Kindle, which doesn't seem to hurt my eyes quite as badly...trying to posts couple pics taken with my phone. It won't let me...

I would have API fungus cure or Seachem kanaplex on hand just in case. Walmart tends to carry Jungle Fungus Guard if that is easier to get.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Lost one of the rainbows in QT, but that isn't too bad out of a dozen. Going to try a big water change tomorrow and see if I can reduce that cloudiness a bit.

Also going to the optometrist tomorrow--they have some special glasses for me that might make computer use bearable again. We'll see...wish me luck.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

4 Not allowed!
    The next batch: Red Irians and Yellow Lake Teberi Rainbows in quarantine! Look healthy, robust, and hungry so far...

Rainbows 8-17.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Your run on Sat looks interesting. I hope your optometrist appointment went well. Congrats on the newbies that you've got in quarantine.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    A couple of pictures...
    Dentist aq.jpg
    Beautiful scape, Tom. Will look amazing once it clears up.

Also going to the optometrist tomorrow--they have some special glasses for me that might make computer use bearable again. We'll see...wish me luck.
    Were they able to help you out?

The next batch: Red Irians and Yellow Lake Teberi Rainbows in quarantine! Look healthy, robust, and hungry so far...

Rainbows 8-17.jpg
    Very cool!

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast