· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I hope you get help for your betta! - Slaphppy7   Here's a crayfish for you! - Slaphppy7   You need another fish. - Compass   No Message - Fishhook   thanks for the native fish research - Fishhook   

0 Not allowed!
    I got the sand and while i was at tractor supply i saw a really fat bull dog
    "I've always thought that if
    I learn from mistakes that I'd make
    Even the losses into victories"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A guppy to get you started. - Slaphppy7   Have a beer for being another sports fan ;-) - steeler58   Here's a super rare guppy lol - AmazonJoe   Merry Christmas - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by aquariumlover10 View Post
    I checked my LFS today and they didn't have any sponge filters so im going to try and order the filter tonight
    I went to lowes and they were out of the sand so i'm going to go and get some Black Diamond from Tractor Supply tonight
    Rinse it well just to be sure. I know the internet loves BDS but it's coal slag and every now and then a bag is dirty or slightly oily. I've used a few dozen bags over the years for it's actual intended purpose of blasting.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I hope you get help for your betta! - Slaphppy7   Here's a crayfish for you! - Slaphppy7   You need another fish. - Compass   No Message - Fishhook   thanks for the native fish research - Fishhook   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah when i picked up the bag my arm got covered in black dust so I'll probably put it in a bucket and let a hose run in it for a good 20 to 30 minutes.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    I would guess that you are going to want to rinse it more than that.

Use something to stir it up with, too. I used a thick dowel. Don't just use your hand, though.

Consider dividing it up to rinse it in batches. Another member here used a single drop of Dawn soap to help -- with good results.
    Rinse and rinse some more. It is easier than getting it back out of your tank when you discover you did not rinse it enough.

I do like it, and hope you too.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    i saw somewhere that people use old pillow cases to rinse it, might try that.
    I'm ordering the sponge filter today, I don't know what else i need.
    I have
    soil, sand, tank, light, filter and air pump.

Should I try a dry start?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    ok i think it's time for an update, the tank has been up for a few days, i got Crypt Undulata, and Staurogyne repens, both were tissue culture so i think they'll grow in pretty fast.
    I am thinking about stocking it with a Nerite snail, and 8-10 ghost shrimp, also wanna get some moss for them, probably java moss.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Pics of the tank?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    i dropped my phone in a pond so it's at best buy and they're fixing, so whenever i get it back i'll get pics

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Ooops....OK, sounds good
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Ok, so here's some pics of the tanks and the 8 ghost shrimp and 2 mystery snails I picked up. I asked for 2 black racer nerites, but the guy gave me 2 mysterys, I didn't even check the bag or receipt until I got home, but the two I got were attached in the bag so maybe I can get some eggs and sell them to my lfs.
    Edit: I have siran wrap on top until I clean the hard water stains off the lid.
    IMG_20170721_213721.jpgIMG_20170721_213830.jpgIMG_20170721_213814.jpgIMG_20170721_213805.jpg