· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   great job on figuring out your photos - bpete   

Question Balancing Flake and Live

0 Not allowed!
    What is a good balance between flake and live foods? I have Cobalt Community Flakes and live Black Worms. Every other day, once or twice a week? Thoughts?
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

3 Not allowed!
    well you know that you have feed too much black worms is fihs your fish won't touch flakes. Unless you are breeding, BW once a week.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   great job on figuring out your photos - bpete   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    well you know that you have feed too much black worms is fihs your fish won't touch flakes. Unless you are breeding, BW once a week.
    Awesome. Thanks Rocksor!
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

2 Not allowed!
    I feed a balanced diet. If I were you, I would expand the variety of quality foods. Add some New Life Spectrum pellets of appropriate size for your fish, frozen brine shrimp or a frozen combo pack which would include brine shrimp, blood worms, and plankton, freeze-dried daphnia (water fleas), and spirulina flakes, algae pellets, etc. Then vary these when you feed -- you can still include the live black worms, just not all the time.

Just as humans benefit from a balanced diet of vegetable and animal proteins, so do fish.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    I agree, my fish get a giant assortment of pellets, micro-pellets, Ken's sinking sticks, algae wafers, repashy gel foods, frozen foods (mysis shrimp, brine shrimp with spirulina, daphnia, rotifers, cyclops, bloodworms, and gammarus-scuds) and fresh foods (melons, papaya, summer and winter squash, sweet potatoes, occasionally hulled peas). They also get live daphnia when I can get it, the white worms, and I used to feed the black worms-but a couple slipped through and made a mess in my filter so I stopped. I even have the sera-o-nip which isn't the best food, but I give that to them one a week or two, not planning on getting it again (not nutritionally dense for the fish) I try to switch the food up daily.

The only flakes I feed the fish are the Elive flakes and those go through the grinder to male a powder food or to add to the gel foods.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A guppy to get you started. - Slaphppy7   Have a beer for being another sports fan ;-) - steeler58   Here's a super rare guppy lol - AmazonJoe   Merry Christmas - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    I try to feed something live or frozen at least every three days. I might feed them frozen more often if it didn't contain so much debris. Sometime I stretch the feeding interval after that to cause them to forage for some of the stuff they passed over the day before. It seems to work. I need to start a worm culture. Baby brine is the only live I am feeding now because it works so well for fry.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    I guess that's a benefit of having a ton of bottom feeders because any leftovers don't last very long.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore