· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Have a beer for 5,000 posts ;-) - steeler58   Closest thing I could find for a gold star. - Taurus   Gold Star for that one! - RiversGirl   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats on your new fry with more to come soon

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thanks for showing us your white platinum roundtails - RiversGirl   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    That's my problem; getting the darn things to hold still. They'll be sitting in one spot, motionless, and as soon as I snap the photo they've moved and blurred the shot!
    I know exactly what you mean... I had the same thing and sometimes it still does...
    But also I had to learn how to make some steady shots (for I've also made tons of blurry pics). But I love to make pictures of them outdoors. I've got some small photo containers where I can put them in. But making nice pictures of fish in a fishtank starts to get better as well these days.

But I do have to say that I do have a lot of respect for those who make excellent shots of fish. I'm already proud that I've come this far and I've got still a lot to learn when it comes to fish photography.

Devoted aquarist ever since early 1970's...
    Breeder of rare livebearers...
    Specific focus on guppies (fancy, wild and wildtype) and endlers (wild and fancy)...
    Breeder, exhibitor & aquaristic consultant

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silbar View Post
    Congrats on your new fry with more to come soon
    That already happened! More fry have been born yesterday. Somewhere by next week some more batches will be happening. For there are more females that will drop somewhere by next week.

Specific focus on guppies (fancy, wild and wildtype) and endlers (wild and fancy)...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for your comcern and healing thoughts - Silbar   I wish I could give you a hug. - Silbar   Thinking of you ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldking View Post
    That already happened! More fry have been born yesterday.
    Congratulations on your new fry!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, congrats on more!

Do you raise these in your own tanks, or do you sell them?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, congrats on more!

Do you raise these in your own tanks, or do you sell them?
    I do raise them myself. And yes, I also sell livebearers. I do participate at vivaristic events for years now in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. But I'm more focusing on rare livebarers both fancy and wild strains.
    I also have a specific focus on guppies both wild and fancy strains since I was a little boy back in early 1970's.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    That's cool. Do you have like a whole bunch of tanks set up for all the various types that you breed, or do you tend to focus on just a couple at a time?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    That's cool. Do you have like a whole bunch of tanks set up for all the various types that you breed, or do you tend to focus on just a couple at a time?
    I've got 70 tanks operational. Certain tanks contain 2-3 different livebearers which go along well with eachother but won't hybridize with another. And I've got 7 outdoor tanks in my backyard and balcony.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Holy crap, that is impressive! I'd love to see a photo/vid of your fishroom!