· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   yep.... thats the one XD - genocidex   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Shootemz   

Default May be a dumb question apisto coloration

0 Not allowed!
    This may be a dumb question but i have a female cockatoo that seems to lose all color at night time, I got home late tonight but still needed to do my WC so i turned the light back on. Then she turned almost entirely blackish grey, and after a few minutes returned to her normal orange with a black stripe.
    "Err? Are you going to continue letting your dog in your aquarium? That could end very badly with cories" - talldutchie
    "Dang and i was worried about cats in my tank...." - genocidex
    "Hahahahah, I meant Dg, dwarf gourami." - Shootemz

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy new year! - Brookfish   Happy New Year! - The Red Severum   Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins   Welcome back - mommy1   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   

2 Not allowed!
    Ime only a few of my fish change a little bit with the lights changing. Mainly the rummy nose tetras.

Though with a change in pattern like turning the lights on again after they are already off would give her a wee bit of a spook. But not something I would stress to much over.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199   Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   Birthday Beer. - gadget228   Sending healing vibes to your Oscar - Silbar   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino   

2 Not allowed!
    lots of fish lose color with the slights off and gain it back within a few minutes of the lights coming on. Shouldn't be anything to worry about.
    300 gallon mega tank: sailfin pleco, clown loaches, silver dollars, roseline sharks, congo tetras, new world cichlids
    125 gallon office tank: Africian cichlids, synodontis catfih
    75 gallon community tank: bolivian rams, black skirt tetras, dwarf neon rainbowfish, corys, harlequin rasboras, otos, bristlenose and bulldog plecos, assassin snails, various shrimp
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need another ram. - Slaphppy7   Congrats for Maggie! - Rue   Indeed, it is now time for a beer - RiversGirl   congrats on your baby corys - Silbar   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    That's just her mood. It scared her for a second. I haven't kept cockatoo for quite some time but they were definitely a very hardy apistogramma, I wouldn't worry.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   yep.... thats the one XD - genocidex   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Shootemz   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah i don't think there really is a problem with her, i just thought it was odd, she also did the same thing today when i was feeding some brine shrimp. I could clearly see her black line and then as she went and ate she turned completely a darkish orange instead of the light orange/ yellow. Idk if it's because she was scared though because she's alot more personable than the male, he'll usually hid for the most part but shell be right up at the glass when im around.
    "Err? Are you going to continue letting your dog in your aquarium? That could end very badly with cories" - talldutchie
    "Dang and i was worried about cats in my tank...." - genocidex
    "Hahahahah, I meant Dg, dwarf gourami." - Shootemz

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need another ram. - Slaphppy7   Congrats for Maggie! - Rue   Indeed, it is now time for a beer - RiversGirl   congrats on your baby corys - Silbar   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    My female sunset apistos turn a yellow - orange and lose their stripe when propositioning a male. Not all mood related color changes mean stress.