· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Best bet would be a digital thermometer with a wired probe, you could attach the thermometer to the outside of the bin, then start recording morning and evening temps in a notebook
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A guppy to get you started. - Slaphppy7   Have a beer for being another sports fan ;-) - steeler58   Here's a super rare guppy lol - AmazonJoe   Merry Christmas - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    I would be curious to hear what you find outdoors Waylon. Not trying to hijack your thread but just to give you an idea. Since I put mine on the porch they get about three hours of fairly direct sunlight per day. Porch temps started out cold at about 52-55F for lows. High temps climbed to over 90 yesterday. Tub temps move about 2-3 degrees at most throughout a 24HR period so far. It usually takes hours to move one degree. 20G tub about the same as 50G tub to my surprise. Fish were put out at 70F. Tub temps for the next days look like this each morning. 68-66-64-67-71-74. These are juvenile petstore guppy offspring. They look happy so far. I think we will both have to shade our tubs soon. I doubt I will be taking anything fancy out there.
    Last edited by OnTheFly; 06-04-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   great job on figuring out your photos - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Its 11pm right now. Weather is 69 degrees and water is current 72. It will probably drop as night continues.
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm this really is interesting to watch.

More so cause was planning to do some summer tubs for variouse species as well. So very interested how this turns out.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A guppy to get you started. - Slaphppy7   Have a beer for being another sports fan ;-) - steeler58   Here's a super rare guppy lol - AmazonJoe   Merry Christmas - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    As I'm sure you all are aware Rachel Oleary and Cory from Aquarium Co-op have a lot of Youtube videos on the tub pond subject. They have a couple years experience doing this. If you pick the correct species for your climate it appears it can be wildly successful. They barely even have to feed them other than making sure the new fry have a bit of small food to get started. I think Waylon probably made a good choice for his climate. I look forward to his updates. I think mollies will work out where he lives. He may be able to leave them outdoors well into the fall and get some size on the new fry. Should be a fun learning experience that doesn't cause much work at all.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   great job on figuring out your photos - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    I've watched Cory's videos but should probably spruce up on the O'Leary's. She is a good wealth of knowledge.
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quick update! Im glad I added the duckweed! It shades the water from any direct sun light. The highest temp I have seen so far is around 79 degrees. I also added some more API Pond gravel for a bacteria surface. I checked the ammonia and it is currently at 0ppm. Im going to keep checking it since there is no mechanical filtration.
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape