· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: The Congo tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Wow, there IS alot more than the previous pics showed....momma and daddy don't like that camera spying on their bebbehs, lol

The female is the larger of the two?...I know zilch about kribs
    Usually the female would be a bit larger but she's just a juvenile lol... it was a VERY unexpected pairing and spawning. She will eventually be papa's size plus a bit fatter.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    One more, shows babies better

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    That is quite a spawn! And I can't even imagine catching all of them to move them. I hate catching fish and am not very good at it - I worry about stressing them all out and it's mostly me that stressed. Congrats to you.

Have you raised a large spawn like this before? Do most of them make it?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    @SueD this is the first time they spawned. I actually only had the little female about a month! She landed in my tank and within a couple hours the boys had duked it out and the lady had made a choice before nightfall. I figured a few months from now before babies.

As for survival rates, I feel like I had more than I thought I started with so I think I've either gotten very lucky or they have a pretty good survival rate in general. From what I'd read I should have struggled to get them to breed to begin with

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on your babies, Mom and Pop look so proud! Hope the home remodel is going well.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Babies are growing!

Parents tank is finally getting put back together, in a new location that allows me room to start in the 47g column and 70g custom builds that have been patiently waiting for me.

Used a bunch of natural substrate so it's a bit mucky for first fill but I have a pile of batting and a circulation pump waiting to clear it out.

I had my plants bucketed for a bit too long and lost a good number but hopefully my substitutes will do well in this new combination of humate and laterite with a large sand cap.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Full and with some heat and current and my canister running last night. I forgot to peek at it this morning and somehow misplaced my C4 hob filter AND my repair part for my AquaClear 70 hob so it's filtering particulates with the canister. It'll take a bit and some extra work on my part but it'll clear lol.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950