· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: The Congo tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Yay! That's great news! Hope it all works for ya and you are able to get the synos you originally wanted :)
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Synos have been delivered, one gal didn't show up but the gal that wanted ALL of them to begin with did, she's got 3 tanks over 100 gal, two 55 and other smaller tanks. So they all will be very well cared for, I'm happy for them.

I also checked out the sale at the shop since I had them meet at the aquatics place I like (that is closing) and scored two Kribensis we're fairly confident male and female so that would be nice, if not it's two females, which I'm also alright with. Also nabbed an aquaclear 70 for $36.

Stopped in at the other place in town, they've finally gotten their freshwater area together and stocked. They had some great looking fish, I'm glad to see that they're set up finally! I picked up a couple CPDs. Females I'm fairly certain, again tiny lol so it's a bit of an educated guess like the Kribs lol.

Now to go home drag up my spare beat up 10g to qt the Kribs and then I'm undecided whether to qt the CPDs in my cull tank or move a betta and qt there... I'm feeling pretty good about the CPDs but the Kribs are looking a bit sorry... Then again they are going through a remodel and a closing clearance sale. The place that's closing will be reopening but apparently under a different guise and I'm not exactly sure what they mean but I'm hoping a broader fish selection lol and not puppies or something... But I did over hear them talking about their plumbing changes and sounded like more tanks going in SOOOooo I have hope they'll be back better than ever.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats on rehoming the synos, I'm sure they'll be well cared for...I know you'll miss them, but I bet you don't miss the stress of keeping them that you experienced

Great score on the AC70, and the potential new LFS

Kribs reproduce very easily, if you got a male and a female, prepare accordingly

PS I need a new congo tetra vid, please and thank you
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    No I won't miss them messing everything up all the time lol but they are a pretty fish with great personality for sure! Just wasn't the right fish for this setup, I do know that when I have more space they are on the list to pick up again maybe sometime.

Yes, Kribs do breed easily but I have pretty hard water so that may inhibit them a bit and one way or the other the ctenopomas eat anything that moves so I don't imagine I'll have to worry, and if I want to raise some down the road I can.

I'll get after a Congo Tetra video lol maybe my next set of days off since I picked up a weird shift and am unlikely to do anything other than go see the new baby and hang around my house lol.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I'm disappointed in myself, I don't have a heater for my qt and neither does Walmart... I ALWAYS have spares and don't even remember using it! So the Kribs went straight to the 55, wish me luck that tank would be a pain to treat if something comes up. I guess it's entirely my fault if it does and I'll be able to take comfort treating knowing there's no catfish if something does happen.

Little CPDs went to the display tank, was going to put them in the culls but I was planning to put some of my existing into the display tank to knock down the 40 million seed shrimp so they are in there feasting. They should come to size quickly with a never ending feast and a tiny pinch of flakes in the morning to keep them even. I'll remodel when I pull them out. And being juveniles they shouldn't hammer my shrimplets which isn't a luxury I'll have with my other full size ladies.

And now I should have time to get the rest of my tanks lined out and switched around while the Congo fills back out and I see what's actually going to thrive plant wise.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    cant you do a salt treatment and heat treatment just in case of ich? Also use prazipro afterwards

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    cant you do a salt treatment and heat treatment just in case of ich? Also use prazipro afterwards
    I started paraguard in the 55 for ich prevention.
    And Prazipro is for internal parasites correct? I was going to get some focus and metro mixed today and as soon as these guys eating feed that for internal parasites also... It's my standard go to treatment when in QT.

Is there a specific reason Prazipro is better? I'd really like to be sure to knock out anything and keep the ctenopoma from getting it but the ctenopoma are going to go for the medicated foods also. This would be the time I'd do something new if there's more to it than Metro. I have Kanaplex also and I'd have to poke around the med box for what else I have on hand. I've never asked difference between Prazipro and Metroplex as Metro has always worked for me and doesn't kill my cycle.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I keep Prazipro on hand, it helps rid external parasites as well that Paraguard and Metro don't touch. Kanamycin is an antibacterial antibiotic, for internal or external infections. Metro is used to treat certain internal parasites (ex. Hexamita)
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast