· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Red cherry shrimp question

0 Not allowed!
    I done my shrimp tank today. Tidying it up etc... Changed the light. While working on tank I seen baby shrimp. Are red cherry babies red or clear when hatched. These are clear and very very small. They look exactly like shrimp. The problem with this is that my cherries were housed with ghost shrimp. Didnt see any ghosties today but these babies are moving all over the tank. Nothing in there except a blue mystery snail. Just would like to find out if my cherries are now breeding.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Two different species, so they cannot cross-breed.

It would be rare for the glass/ghost/grass shrimp to successfully breed, but very common for the RCS

Can you get pics of the shrimplets?....newly hatched RCS usually have some red coloring, but not always

Do you see any "saddled" female shrimp?

Further reading, from IMO the best site for FW inverts

http://www.planetinverts.com/ghost_g...ss_shrimp.html

http://www.planetinverts.com/Red%20Cherry%20Shrimp.html
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yes I see a few saddled but none berried. This is the best pic I can get due to there size and not staying still long enough. 20170516_183218.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    When you bought the "G" shrimp, how did you introduce them to the tank?

How did you acclimate?

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I poured them in a bowl and added water from the tank every few minutes for 30 minutes then scooped up and put in tank.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    When I cleaned my tank I didn't see any ghosties. So not sure what these shrimp babies are. Ghost or cherry.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    They must be RCS.

Where did you buy them from?

All of the adults are bright red?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I got them from my lfs. The adults look like this 20170516_190606.jpg

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    From everything I have read says that babies are miniature adults but these have no color at least not yet. This is my first batch of shrimp babies.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Looks like a Fire Red to me, and a female for sure with that convex belly

http://www.planetinverts.com/FireRedShrimp.html