· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    I agree with Slap; ghosts are incredibly hard to successfully breed. I used to have tons of them with many berried females, but I never was able to get a sustained population. Baby ghosts are just too vulnerable to predation from other animals (including their parents) and will usually starve unless fed properly...assuming not all babies are eaten right away.

That first photo you shared is definitely a neocaridina shrimp. Many colonies of red cherry shrimp will remain transparent until they get to be full-sized, and I have had several colonies that stayed transparent in one tank even into adulthood but then became blood red as soon as they were introduced into a different tank.

Ghost/glass shrimp are incredibly easy to identify based on their side profile. If you pull up some internet images of ghosts, you will notice that they have an extremely pronounced arch in the middle of their abdomen. Neo var. shrimp have a gently curving abdomen.
    Last edited by BluewaterBoof; 05-16-2017 at 11:39 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishareourfriends View Post
    This is my first batch of shrimp babies.
    Congrats on your first batch of shrimplets! Such tiny little creatures!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks I was so hoping they were red cherries. Been waiting a few months for them to start.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Slap. I just thought they were plain ole red cherries.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks I was so hoping they were red cherries. Been waiting a few months for them to start.
    Once they get going it will be hard for them to stop. Unless you limit their population by culling or have predatory tank mates, they will continue to multiply as long as you keep them fed and in a clean tank.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    No predatory tank mates. Just a mystery snail. Upon closer inspection there are too many to keep count of. Lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats to you!

Upon closer inspection there are too many to keep count of. Lol
    That's a good problem to have. Your LFS is likely to be interested, if you ever felt your tank contained too many in the future.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks RiversGirl. My lfs has already told me they would take as many babies as my cherries can make. Lol

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Just out of curiosity anyone know how fast they grow?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Depends on the conditions/minerals/nutrients available to them, and genetics, I would guess

I have to ask, what does it matter?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers