· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Adding water to turtle tank...Need advice.

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys,

So if you own aquatic turtles I'm sure you've noticed how quickly the water goes down! Since I started my tank, I've always bought water by the gallon from the grocery store. But because of financial issues, I need to start adding in water from the spiket and adding the water conditioner to it. My tank came with a small bottle of Reptisafe so since I have it ,I need to use it.

My concern is the instructions on the bottle. It says: "For Aquatic Species Habitat Water: Add 1 teaspoon (5ml) of Improved Reptisafe per 5 gallons of tap water. Treat all new or replacement water." Does this not seem like a small amount? I don't have any 5 gallon buckets, and I'm only adding 4 gallons. I'm using the jugs of water from previous water addings. I have all 4 of them filled up with tap water. How am I supposed to divide 1 teaspoon amongst 4 separate gallons? It just seems like an extremely small amount to me. Couldn't I just add maybe a half of teaspoon to each gallon jug? Has anyone ever used the Zoo Med Reptisafe in the photo? If so, do you follow directions or add more / less? And if not, what would you recommend me to do?
    Thanks guys 🐢❤

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Add all of the new water to the tank, then add the amount of Reptisafe directly to the tank. Or add the Reptisafe to the tank, then the water. Either way is fine. Don't stress about trying to get Reptisafe into the gallon jugs before adding to the tank.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Idk, id rather add it to the jugs before putting it into the tank, very worried it's gonna mess up lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I am not familiar with the stuff but if you need a teaspoon per 5 gallons, that would be 1/5 of a teaspoon or 1ml per gallon. If it has the consistency of water, the 20 drops will make up a ml, so you would use 20 drops per gallon-or if you have a syringe that measures in ml, then 1 ml per each gallon.

I have a box turtle and she swims (in her wading "pool") and drinks regular tap water-has all her life with me, about 20 years or so.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore