· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

well done - mac   well done - mac   for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   

Default Woke up to some Platy fry today :)

4 Not allowed!
    I have a ton of poecilia obscura in my tank so there is a constant cycle of small gray fry. I was looking at the tank and saw an orange one. I thought it was strange and then it hit me! Its platy fry! Ive seen them chasing each other but hadn't seen any results. I dont care much about breeding as a hobby, just glad to see them in a happy environment.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

4 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the fry, there will be more
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A guppy to get you started. - Slaphppy7   Have a beer for being another sports fan ;-) - steeler58   Here's a super rare guppy lol - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Congrats on the fry, there will be more
    Indeed there will be lol.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    My daughter and me started with this 10G, and thought the platy breeding was fun...at first...about 500 fry later, I vowed "never again", lol

10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   New fish ;-) - steeler58   Just because :) - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    Congrats! You have such a beautiful tank, I can't get over that every time I see it lol.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

well done - mac   well done - mac   for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Congrats! You have such a beautiful tank, I can't get over that every time I see it lol.
    Its all thanks to AC. I'm going to be posting a side by side comparison of my first tank vs current on my 2 year AC anniversary

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing you good luck! - Silbar   Here's one for your future school. - Boundava   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   New fish ;-) - steeler58   Just because :) - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    My daughter and me started with this 10G, and thought the platy breeding was fun...at first...about 500 fry later, I vowed "never again", lol

Yikes that's a lot of fish in a 10g! Were there coins in the washing machine there lol? Just getting you back Matt!

I haven't kept live-bearers since I first started keeping fish, simply because tetras always did better for me, but here's a little story from my first tank:

I had serpea tetras, head and tail light, and two platys in my 27g hex. I bought a male and female platy on purpose lol. I know, I know. ..serpeas were not a good choice. I was adding some laminate flooring to the basement where the tank was setup, so I had to move it. Being new to aquariums, I emptied the tank and moved my fish temporarily to a rubbermaid bin. A day later, to my surprise, there were baby platys living in small puddles of water, unheated, at the very bottom just above the substrate. I couldn't belive they were all alive! They lived to be adult platies :)
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by waylon101 View Post
    Its all thanks to AC. I'm going to be posting a side by side comparison of my first tank vs current on my 2 year AC anniversary
    That will be fun!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I keep thinking of posting pics of my first tank too, before I knew much about keeping fish, it's so funny how much we evolve in the hobby.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!

Lol! If they grow past parameters im sure my LFS will give me some chump change