· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

Default 22 Gallon Desk Top Tank

3 Not allowed!
    So I have finally decided to pull the trigger and do an aquarium for my desk at work. I have a bearded dragon and was feeding crickets, housing them in a 5.5 gallon aquarium. I have decided to switch to roaches so I no longer need the aquarium. Hence the go ahead on the desk top.

Tonight we worked on the back ground of the tank and i must say I'm ecstatic about how it turned out. You'll be able to see what industry I'm in now.

I have supplies coming in tomorrow from amazon, I'm unsure if the light coming will be good enough to grow plants. My plan is a planted aquarium without co2. I have found a co2 system small enough for the tank if I decide I need it.

I will get some pics of the stuff coming in and talk about stocking ideas. For now here is a pic of the back ground.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC! - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome background!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Yay another new journal. Looking forward to seeing all the new pictures to follow.
    What is the stocking plan??

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Yay another new journal. Looking forward to seeing all the new pictures to follow.
    What is the stocking plan??

Well this is where I cant wait to get some comments and advice. I have stocked one small tank, but it was a betta tank for my wife and so im learning. Here is what i am thinking, let me know if you think its too much.

5 or 6 tetra (still deciding what breed)
    2 corry cats
    RCS and maybe Amano
    snails

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    5.5G is honestly too small for most fish...a single betta would work

BUT, a 5.5G makes an EXCELLENT shrimp tank, and maybe a single snail if you like those

Petrochemical industry, eh?....we have a few of those where I live, lol
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I was hoping i could get away with more than a betta fish, but if i cant i cant. Still considering, but your advice is much respected and appreciated.

but another questions about the shrimp. I am planning on planting this so i know i can stock it out a little quicker than a fish only tank, obviously making sure perimeters are good. But the question is before algae come in and start providing a natural food for the shrimp. What do you feed them until then?
    Last edited by mch1984; 03-31-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Shrimp are scavengers, they will eat just about anything...fish food, shrimp food even better...algae wafers...fresh veggies...shrimp are EASY to feed, not picky at all

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Shrimp are scavengers, they will eat just about anything...fish food, shrimp food even better...algae wafers...fresh veggies...shrimp are EASY to feed, not picky at all
    Ok, thanks. That makes it easy.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    You are welcome.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A guppy to get you started. - Slaphppy7   Have a beer for being another sports fan ;-) - steeler58   Here's a super rare guppy lol - AmazonJoe   Merry Christmas - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    It's not that you can't have a few fish in a 5.5, it's just not ideal for almost any species. Two juvenile fish that won't ever get larger than 2" could work out for quite some time.