· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Anytime, more than welcome.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    So sorry I haven't been around, just been super busy. So good/bad news. After 17 years at the same job, I may be making a switch soon. I haven't signed the offer letter, going to give my self the weekend to make sure. The office tank gets to come with me, but that means after only being up for a month it will be torn down and relocated. Plants are super happy and I wondering if I should just drain it and leave the substrate in with plants rooted. Or should I completely clean it out and uproot the plants?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new job? Maybe. lol I don't have much knowledge of planted tanks, but I would think that leaving them rooted would be the best option.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    Congrats on the new job? Maybe. lol I don't have much knowledge of planted tanks, but I would think that leaving them rooted would be the best option.
    Thanks and yeah it should be congrats. I think it's going to be a good job and I can get back to working for a locally owned business. The corporation I work for now has shown no interest in growing our company and the new place is growing at a good pace. I'll be third down on organization chart and will be in a great spot in an up and coming company.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Hey, congrats on the new opportunity...I would drain the tank down to an inch or two of water, leaves the plants/deco like it is. and move it (carefully) that way...how far from your present work site to your home?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    It's about a 15 min drive from the office to the house, but the tank will be going to the new office. I told them that was a stipulation, the new office tank came with me lol. The new office is about a 20 min drive from the old one so it should be good to leave everything in. Luckly there are some good people at the old job that will baby sit the tank for about a week until I get ready to come get it. I will probably have to build a new stand, since the current three legged one using the desk may not work.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Hey, congrats on the new opportunity...I would drain the tank down to an inch or two of water, leaves the plants/deco like it is. and move it (carefully) that way...how far from your present work site to your home?
    This would work but you would need to take additional precautions since with the additional weight, there would be more pressure on the tank during the move.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats on your new opportunity!

Are you considering a sheet of plywood under it for the move? Just thinking it would help you avoid any inadvertent twists.

I'd guess that you could drain it down to the substrate - or very close, anyhow - for that short of a duration without harming your plants. It would be my thought to attempt to get as much weight out as possible.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I hadn’t thought about transporting on plywood, that’s a smart thought. I wouldn’t care I just hate to uproot the plants already.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well it's all official has of a few days ago. The 24th will be my last day at this job. I have had the same job since high school, 17.5 years and it's the only job I've had as an adult. I'm not even sure what it's like to not work here so I'm nervous but excited. The guys at the shop are going to take care of the tank for a week while I get into the new job and figure out what I need to do for the tank in the new office. I got to thinking about it, and I may not have a choice but to uproot the plants. I scaped this tank to be in a corner and if the new office makes it view able from 3 sides I may need to scape it differently. I guess I'll find out soon.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast