· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Common pond snails.....they'll reproduce prolifically
    So they are just as bad as the trumpet snails? I guess way to go about it is to remove as I see them?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Ramshorn snail is what they look like to me, need two to produce offspring and they are not as prolific at pond snails but many consider them pests. Way to reduce numbers is just pull them out as you see them or run a piece of romaine or other non-iceberg lettuce under hot water to wilt it and put it in the tank for a few hours/overnight. A good number of snails should be on it after time and then you just remove the lettuce with snails and repeat with a new leaf.

Another choice is to use assassin snails, but after the pest snails are gone, the assassins need to eat and will go after other food (i.e.pellets, small shrimp, other snails, scavenge dead fish). Sometimes adding one critter to fix the other critter isn't the best option, look at cane toads-lol.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Ramshorn snail is what they look like to me, need two to produce offspring and they are not as prolific at pond snails but many consider them pests. Way to reduce numbers is just pull them out as you see them or run a piece of romaine or other non-iceberg lettuce under hot water to wilt it and put it in the tank for a few hours/overnight. A good number of snails should be on it after time and then you just remove the lettuce with snails and repeat with a new leaf.

Another choice is to use assassin snails, but after the pest snails are gone, the assassins need to eat and will go after other food (i.e.pellets, small shrimp, other snails, scavenge dead fish). Sometimes adding one critter to fix the other critter isn't the best option, look at cane toads-lol.
    Yeah we had to add assassin to my dads tank, but they are still thining the heard on the trumpet snails. I've only see two so far, so next time I see them I'll just pluck them out. Time to go snail hunting .

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    So here is an updated picture of the tank, sorry if it comes out sideways not sure how to fix that. Already have some nice growth going on with some of the plants. The hair grass ins't taking off but has "shadowy" as this tank is it may never take off. I like the look with all the dark areas more than I want a carpet so if I have to ditch the idea I will. Either way, I'm excited about how it's looking and making myself wait a little longer for fish.

IMG_2862.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    So tank is doing great and growth is impressive. I've been back and forth on if I was going to do shrimp only or fish and have decided I will be adding fish. Although I don't know exactly what I'll put in there I was thinking about adding a molly pretty soon. Any thoughts on why that would be a bad idea, I figured they could help with any algae that might pop up. I was thinking one or two at most.

Edit: any idea how to stop this sideways picture problem. I use my phone for most pics and not sure what I"m doing wrong.

IMG_2883.jpg
    Last edited by mch1984; 04-16-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Your tank looks great and the pic is upright on my phone.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    However, the pic is sideways on my desktop. That is weird.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    However, the pic is sideways on my desktop. That is weird.
    Yeah same here, I have no idea.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    I have no idea why that happens either, but here are your last two pics oriented correctly

Tank pic 1.jpg

Tank pic 2.jpg
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I have no idea why that happens either, but here are your last two pics oriented correctly

Tank pic 1.jpg

Tank pic 2.jpg
    Thanks! That looks much better.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast