· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    The Quietflow 10 should not be too much filtration for a 5.5G.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    The Quietflow 10 should not be too much filtration for a 5.5G.
    Well that makes for a great answer lol. Thank you very much! I'll post some pictures of the final product later.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome...I actually have a 20 gallon filter (Aquaclear 20) on my 5.5G, and is just right for that tank...flow is adjustable though, not sure if the flow on the QF is....

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    Welcome...I actually have a 20 gallon filter (Aquaclear 20) on my 5.5G, and is just right for that tank...flow is adjustable though, not sure if the flow on the QF is....
    Its not, that would make it a better filter. I planted a sword and noticed this morning just how much it was moving which is why i was a little concerned. But i topped the water off and it seemed to calm everything down.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    need a little more advice, what do y'all do for fertilizers? I'm not worried about the grass and sword, they are both rooted in the substrate. But i have another plant that isnt, just attached to a rock. So i was thinking i might need to do some liquid ferts. Just curious what you guys do for your tanks. if it matters at all i have no co2 on this tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I don't use ferts, but many here do...what's attached to the rock?...anubias?...java fern?..moss?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I don't use ferts, but many here do...what's attached to the rock?...anubias?...java fern?..moss?
    I have an Anubias attached to a rock, i didn't root the plant at all.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Good, they are supposed to remain above the substrate...it may never need ferts, the fish you end up with may supply all it needs

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well I did what i normally don't do and stocked it out already. I put 6 red minor tetras in there, i figure i can keep water perams where they need to be since it takes 5 min to do a water change. Plus from everything i have read with the plants in there it shouldn't be as bad of a cycle. The plants all came from petsmart which i know sucks but the options around here are slim. But i caught petsmart the day they were delivered and planted a day later, so everything still looked really green and healthy.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Do you mean serpae tetras, Hyphessobrycon eques?

I'm afraid you are going to have issues if so, 5.5G is much too small for them, they are aggressive in small numbers, they need to be kept in LARGE groups to disperse this aggression.

These fish need to be kept in a 30+ inch tank, at bare minimum.

Be sure to read the "behavior and compatibility" section

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species...obrycon-eques/
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 04-03-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast