· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bpete View Post
    the rock and the wood both look very nice. I can't say i have ever seen that type of rock used.
    I haven't either but did some research and have found it on multiple websites now. I've also see it called dragon stone. I figure with black substrate and black background on the tank I needed something a little bit lighter in color. Not sure how much 5lbs will look like, but I doubt I use it all. That was the smallest amount they offered.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Thought I would talk about the tank I'm using some. It's an older JBJ 12 gallon nano cube, it was actually my first saltwater tank. I bought it used and quickly upgraded sizes. Then one day I was bored and decided it would look better has a rimless tank and drop the hood that was built on it. So I did and ended up setting it back up and it currently host two clowns and some zoanthids. I am helping my dad with a tank and when its going the tanks contents will be going in his. Thats when it will be recreated as a freshwater planted. I hope to have his tank up and going in the next couple of weeks.

IMG_1439.JPG

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    So still researching fish and exploring options. One that I've seen are the Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami (Colisa lalia). I've never kept Gourami, i know they can breath air so will come to the top every now and then but are they jumpers? Also what are some plants yall have floated in your tank? I keep reading it would be good for them. I was thinking a pair of them and a few endlers would make a nice tank. Open to advice on the Gourami, even if its they wont work in this tank. thanks.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    I love gourami. Flames and pearls were the ones I've kept. They love to hang out in floating fortresses of water sprite. The sprite is a great option because it spreads out to cover a lot of area and sends down impressive root structures, and grows fairly quickly. Pretty much all the benefits of the smaller floaters like duckweed and water lettuce without having to constantly keep it in check so that it doesn't overrun the tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Floating plants: I like dwarf water lettuce (though you'll have a lot to cull in a smaller surface area), Amazon frogbit (I got a cool variety that turns red under high light), salvinia

Dwarf Water Lettuce | 149733 - Fish Lore
    https://www.fishlore.com threads dwa...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limnobium_laevigatum
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvinia

Also found this one in my searches
    https://www.flowgrow.de/db/aquaticpl...nthus-fluitans

I'm pretty sure there is a red variety of frogbit. I was told this was sp. red, I don't have bright lighting and it is indeed red. I think the brighter the light, the redder it gets.

I have a pic, but it's on another device.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    I love gourami. Flames and pearls were the ones I've kept. They love to hang out in floating fortresses of water sprite. The sprite is a great option because it spreads out to cover a lot of area and sends down impressive root structures, and grows fairly quickly. Pretty much all the benefits of the smaller floaters like duckweed and water lettuce without having to constantly keep it in check so that it doesn't overrun the tank.
    Never seen an issue with jumping? The Blue ones are very pretty.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Can you test the dragon stone to see if it will raise pH? I've read it doesn't noticeably alter pH (No answer about kh/gh in my short search), but I would test it just you be sure, you never know what sediments could be mixed in. Just to be safe!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Floating plants: I like dwarf water lettuce (though you'll have a lot to cull in a smaller surface area), Amazon frogbit (I got a cool variety that turns red under high light), salvinia

Dwarf Water Lettuce | 149733 - Fish Lore
    https://www.fishlore.com › threads › dwa...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limnobium_laevigatum
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvinia

Also found this one in my searches
    https://www.flowgrow.de/db/aquaticpl...nthus-fluitans

I'm pretty sure there is a red variety of frogbit. I was told this was sp. red, I don't have bright lighting and it is indeed red. I think the brighter the light, the redder it gets.

I have a pic, but it's on another device.
    Awesome, I will check both of those out plus the sprite that @BluewaterBoof mentioned. The red frogbit has me very intrigued, I was looking at red plants earlier to add some color. The AI prime should supply plenty of light to get some red out of it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Can you test the dragon stone to see if it will raise pH? I've read it doesn't noticeably alter pH (No answer about kh/gh in my short search), but I would test it just you be sure, you never know what sediments could be mixed in. Just to be safe!
    I can, I've done some searching and found a lot of tank scaped with it. I haven't seen any complaints about parameter swings with it, but it never hurts to check. I should have the rock next week and this tank wont be up and running for a few weeks. So I will have some time to check that for sure.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mch1984 View Post
    Awesome, I will check both of those out plus the sprite that @BluewaterBoof mentioned. The red frogbit has me very intrigued, I was looking at red plants earlier to add some color. The AI prime should supply plenty of light to get some red out of it.
    Exactly why I thought you'd be interested The phyllanthus fluitans is very red as well. A bit of green floater looks awesome mixed in with red.....
    -Kat

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast