· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pet Peeves

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

2 Not allowed!
    I have no pet peeves. I take responsibility for myself and my actions. I learned through things that have happened in my life, that I can not control other peoples, thoughts and actions and get mad or upset over someone else's ineptness 1. Takes a lot of energy, which could be saved on better things and 2. It doesn't change the fact that the ineptness occurred in the 1st place.
    If it's too loud you're too old
    If it's too fast then it must be thrash

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    Next to being lied to, which is number 1 with me, my second biggest peeve is when people don't listen or pay attention to what I tell them -- especially when I have to tell them more than once.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    Next to being lied to, which is number 1 with me, my second biggest peeve is when people don't listen or pay attention to what I tell them -- especially when I have to tell them more than once.
    Can you post that again, I missed that

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   Good to hear from you again! - Slaphppy7   Happy Independence Day! - Slaphppy7   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    People that are not self starters.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    People that are not self starters.
    might you expand on that a little? Because I consider myself a self starter but there are times where I "self started" on something and really f-ed it up. only to be asked, why didn't ask before......

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   Good to hear from you again! - Slaphppy7   Happy Independence Day! - Slaphppy7   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    People that can't come to work and start right to work, they need to socialize or have their coffee, if it says "you start to work at 8", you start working at 8 not 8:25 and still expect a break at 10.

I get there 15 minutes early, stretch and go right to work ;-)
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    People that can't come to work and start right to work, they need to socialize or have their coffee, if it says "you start to work at 8", you start working at 8 not 8:25 and still expect a break at 10.

I get there 15 minutes early, stretch and go right to work ;-)
    I would love to see a video of you stretching at work. Did you read my "no" pet peeves? most of that post has to do with coworkers. I work in a parts department for a car dealership. If phones aren't ringing and the shop is slow, there is plenty of stuff that could be done, if one has motivation or a boss who cares. I have worked here for just over 8 years I have had 7 managers. Only 1 who actually had created "tasks" for us. I try and stay busy, makes for a long day just sitting/ standing at the parts counter when we are dead. although joining this forum, I can kill a lot of time when peeps are on posting during the day if I let myself, which I have, but I still can only do that for so long. It makes for a long day if I let myself fall into getting pissed about what they do. and that goes for the coworker they made the ass. manager. whom wile I am doing what he really should be doing, he is on looking at personal stuff. Eventually what goes around comes around. I may never see it, but it will.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Trivia Contest - Slaphppy7   Congrats on the cycle - Slaphppy7   Congrats on your cycle! - Boundava   Congrats on your new fish! - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey nut View Post
    I have no pet peeves. I take responsibility for myself and my actions. I learned through things that have happened in my life, that I can not control other peoples, thoughts and actions and get mad or upset over someone else's ineptness 1. Takes a lot of energy, which could be saved on better things and 2. It doesn't change the fact that the ineptness occurred in the 1st place.
    You're right. You can't control other people's actions. You can only control how you react to them.