· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Attachment 55359
    Is this dwarf sag or chain sword? I always mix them up. Did you trim it? Whatever plant it is, can it be trimmed? I'm not sure if trimming my dwarf sag killed it off or if it was a lack of light at the time.
    Looks like sag, at least like my sag. No trimming the leave like you would grass. You have to take the whole leaf off from the base.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Looks like sag, at least like my sag. No trimming the leave like you would grass. You have to take the whole leaf off from the base.
    Looks a lot like my dwarf sag, also.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC! - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    The mother plants that i ordered on line where 10+ inch. Those melted and created the runners you see now. For lighting im using the beamswork fspecs.

Using regular gravel no dosing 29g with 15 tetras and a hob filter.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    20180420_191125.jpg
    It's weird. The way the leaves grow out of the substrate does indeed look more like vallisneria. It does look a lot like dwarf sag as well, but my sag plants look more like rosettes with curled leaves. Then again, plants grow differently in different tanks

Are most of the runners under the substrate, or on top like the ones at the front? I did have some dwarf sag that grew very tall in my bowfront. I transferred it to a 5g (was going to use it like it was val) and it transformed to a shorter plant. It reminds me of a thick super green chain sword or something. My chainsword leaves were lighter green than sag, and the runners ran further. That plant ran all over the tank. Not saying it's one or the other, it looks like a mix of dwarf sag, chain sword and val lol.

Whatever it is, I hope my dwarf sag that I transferred to my 120g gravel tank takes off like your plant did.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 04-20-2018 at 11:35 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC! - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    I had a freak out today. Ive been working on my fish room and have pair of jacks in a 40 breeder. Daugther comes in and says dad why is there a fish on the floor. 😲 my poor male jack was just laying there not moving. I picked him up and he was alreadt dried out. And out of nowhere he moved in my hand. Got him in the water asap and he will live to see another day. He must of been moments of dying..... i had just put those jacks in the breeder this morning and lids where next on my list. So i went to osh got a 36x48 sheet of glass for 44 bucks had them cut it down to 36x16 and got 3 lids for the price of one.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Omg! Nice ending to the story, that's amazing :)
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC! - Silbar   

3 Not allowed!
    This pic was just taken. He is looking good and strong. What a relief.
    Last edited by Posjr408; 04-22-2018 at 02:13 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Good Save. Glad its ok too.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Posjr408 View Post
    I had a freak out today. Ive been working on my fish room and have pair of jacks in a 40 breeder. Daugther comes in and says dad why is there a fish on the floor. �� my poor male jack was just laying there not moving. I picked him up and he was alreadt dried out. And out of nowhere he moved in my hand. Got him in the water asap and he will live to see another day. He must of been moments of dying..... .
    Your daughter -- and your quick action -- saved the day!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC! - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    Yesterday i was able to finailly install my front door that i got from work from a remodel we are doing. Funny thing about it is my room is low ceiling so i had to cut the lower portion of the door. So by doing that it lowered the door handle also. Daughter laughed and says its like alice and wonder land. Door is 2ft wide 6ft high lucky for me im 5'10" lol

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast